Deadline: January 31, 2020 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Two-member teams from anywhere in the world; You must be a Bachelor’s (at least 2nd year) or Master’s students; Studying Engineering, Business, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics and other Sciences; Team members must be studying in the same Region for the duration of the competition; At least one team member must be a woman
Schneider Go Green Challenge 2020
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation. It is always on the lookout for bold ideas that can shape the future of the industry and the company.
Schneider Go Green is now celebrating 10 years and 2020 edition is going to be even more special! Schneider is looking for students like you around the world who are willing to put their skills and ideas to the test.
More than 80,000 students from 180 countries have participated in the Schneider Go Green challenge (formerly titled Go Green in the City) over the last 9 years – now, it is your turn!
In a team of two, present your idea to Schneider Electric. Make it to the finals in Las Vegas and you could win the grand prize of a lifetime!
Schneider Electric believes that energy is a basic human right
Today nearly 1.3 billion people lack access to modern energy and on the other hand, we have technology developing so fast in the energized areas!
Energy consumption will grow by 50% till 2050 due to megatrends of rapid urbanization, industrialization and digitization and electricity demand will grow twice as fast as that.
Schneider Electric is looking for ideas that can help to solve the energy dilemma with digitized and innovative business models and/or sustainable approaches that enable access to energy or sustainable developments.
Send your idea related to one of four segments within energy management or submit your bold idea for efficient energy management!
- Sustainability & Access to Energy: Digitize our business and enable access to energy or sustainable developments.
- Buildings of the Future: Can buildings be smarter, more sustainable and incorporate new technologies?
- Plants of the Future: Apply IoT, AI, Machine Learning and more to the industries of the present or future
- Grids of the Future: Imagine the future of energy management and distribution!
Win the trip of a lifetime to Las Vegas at Schneider Electric’s Global Innovation Summit!
- 1st place: Trip to Boston – visit Schneider Innovation HUB + Personalized MIT and Greentown lab tour
- Global finalists: Selected teams will be invited to a fully sponsored trip to the Schneider Electric Innovation Summit in Las Vegas to pitch for the Grand Prize
- Regional finalists: Participants will receive mentorship from Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposals and make it to the Grand Finale!
- Women in Energy Award: One all-female team from the semi-finals will win the Women in Energy Award, securing a place in the finals and cash prize of USD $1,000.
Interested in applying for the Schneider Go Green Challenge 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.