Deadline: January 15, 2019 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Minimum of two years professional work experience, minimum GMAT score of 550 (or GRE equivalent)
Duration: 1 year
Locations: Madrid, Spain; San Diego, U.S; Baja California, Mexico; and 1 to 2 other locations of your choice in Asia, Europe or South America
University of San Diego offers a series of scholarships for promising candidates to join International MBA program, starting May 2019. Interested? Read on.
University of San Diego International MBA Program 2019
The International MBA (IMBA) is a perfect fit for professionals who want to hone their business skills while gaining a global prospective, acquiring an international network, and accelerating their international careers.
Earn your MBA while gaining actual, hands-on, international business experience with the USD International MBA in under a year!
While studying at University of San Diego, instead of just obtaining knowledge about international markets and getting ready for a multi-national company, you will get a chance to actually immerse yourself in foreign markets and cultures to get the firsthand experience.
11 months, 5 countries, borderless opportunities
Your journey starts in Madrid. The University of San Diego’s Madrid Center is located right in the middle of an economic, cultural and political hub in Europe.
You’ll focus on current business issues in Europe, discussing global business best practices and leading multicultural teams and organizations.
Returning to USD’s campus in San Diego, ranked the #1 most beautiful campus in the U.S., you’ll expand your network by joining other MBA classes and focusing on international management coursework.
The University of San Diego full-time MBA program has ranked for many years as top in the world, and in 2018, its full-time MBA program ranked #1 in San Diego and among the top 100 in the world by Financial Times and U.S. News & World Report.
Related article: Why choose to study in San Diego
Courses in San Diego will include financial analysis, strategic management, entrepreneurship and consulting. These courses will include site visits to companies in the San Diego and Baja California region in Mexico.
The International MBA also includes an intersession consulting project. Recent consulting project countries have included the Dominican Republic, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, India and China for companies like Walmart, L’oreal or WD-40.
Ready to add “IMBA” to your title? Apply now!
The International MBA program is USD’s first MBA program that provides professionals with the path to propel their careers forward while gaining valuable global business experience – and expanding their global business networks – in less than a year.
Your journey in international business education
Beginning in Madrid, you will dive into one of the most influential and vibrant economic, cultural and political hubs of Europe.
Deepen your understanding of current European business practices with site visits to local start-ups and well-established companies with world-class faculty from USD and Europe.
Gain the skills required to lead multicultural teams
Discover business opportunities in up to five different countries during the program through coursework in San Diego, Baja California in Mexico and locations in Asia and Latin America.
From entrepreneurship to consulting, the skills you learn will help you advance in your career and industry.
With an average class size of 20 students from all over the world, you will develop meaningful relationships with classmates and faculty who help take your career further.
A broad scope of professional possibilities
Strengthen your CV and broaden your global business skills by immersing yourself in a 10-day international consulting project for a company such as BMW, L’Oreal, Nike, or local small businesses in Asia, Europe or Latin America.
Why choose the University of San Diego for your IMBA?
- #1 full-time MBA in San Diego by Financial Times and U.S News and World Report, 2018
- #3 in the World for Entrepreneurship by Financial Times (2015)
- #6 Best Green MBA by Princeton Review (2016)
- Top 100 MBA Program in the U.S. by Bloomberg Businessweek
- #48 America’s Most Entrepreneurial Research Universities by Forbes (2015)
- #39 MBA in the World by América Economia
- #50 Top Global MBA Program in the U.S. and in the top 100 in the world by Financial Times (2018)
- Dean’s Graduate Merit Scholarship is awarded based on the strength of candidate’s application. Applicants are automatically considered for this scholarship that can cover up to 80% of tuition.
- Diversity Scholarships aim at enhancing the diversity of cohorts joining the program and are awarded by the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Graduate Assistantships offer a great way for students to work with Business faculty in exchange for tuition assistance. IMBA Graduate Assistants can earn up to $3,600 in tuition through this program.
- Ahlers Center Scholarships are offered by USD’s Ahlers Center for International Business. Receivers get a reduced tuition for credits taken abroad during intersession and in addition, students can apply for a study-abroad scholarship, which provides support for travel expenses. The Ahlers Center also offers scholarships for up to 30% of tuition for credits taken in Madrid (10 credits total, approximately total Madrid tuition $14,800) to help with cost of lodging and traveling for those 5 weeks.
Don’t miss your opportunity to apply for University of San Diego International MBA Program 2019! Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.
Still have questions about the program? Get in touch with Diana Agostini, an admissions advisor, today to find out how you can qualify for one of the IMBA scholarships.