Deadline: August 10, 2020 00:00 (CEST)| Register here
Eligibility: Global tech start-up community
Smart Port Challenge 2020
Smart Port Challenge an annual competition that calls for ideas and solutions from the global start-up community to address innovation opportunities from maritime corporates in Singapore.
Shortlisted start-ups undergo a market validation and customer discovery programme called PIER71 Accelerate and the top teams go through to a Grand Final for a chance to win cash prizes.
PIER71 boosts innovation in the maritime and maritime-related industries by attracting talents, creating opportunities for the exchange of knowledge and ideas, attracting investments into start-ups, and accelerating ventures.
This year’s Smart Port Challenge offers 17 innovation opportunities that address areas such as port operations, sea space and maritime traffic management, fleet operations, maritime safety and security, as as well as sustainability.
- Acquire information combined with analytics, A.I. and authorisation capabilities
- Robust testing and monitoring drinking water quality on-board vessels
- Automation of underwater propeller polishing and removal of thick marine growth on hulls/jetty piles
- Cargo and bunker optimisation
- Maritime Decarbonisation
- Machine Learning for Manpower and Equipment Deployment Planning
- Accurate Information about Tramp Vessel Schedule for Decision-Making
- Virtual Walkthrough for Vessels
- Automatic Quantification of Oil Slicks from Videos/ Images
- Optimisation of Empty Container Repositioning
- Improving Navigation Safety for Line Tow Barges
- Automated Discrepancy Resolution for Terminal Documentation
- Auto Refuelling System for Prime Movers
- Accurate identification and location feedback for container fitting
- Risk of personnel transfer during bunker survey
- Efficient data exchange with non-system integrated Container Freight Station (CFS)
- Interactive & Engaging Training through Technology
- Mentoring and coaching
- Access to maritime corporates, investors, venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, as well as other PIER71 partners
- Opportunity to address real challenges and identify customers
- Access to workshops and masterclasses conducted by industry veterans and domain experts
- Product and business model validation
- Eligibility to apply for grants (up to S$50,000) towards prototype development
- Cash prizes for top three winners
- Sponsored residency at PIER71’s Landing Pad
- Branding and media exposure
Interested in applying for the Smart Port Challenge 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.