Deadline: January 25, 2019 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Creative people that have a passion for Zero Hunger and Social Justice
Social Innovation Challenge 2019
Enough is enough: under-nutrition contributes to the death of 3 million children under the age of 5 years every year.
It is a scandal: 800 million people in the world still do not have enough food to lead a healthy and active life.
We believe that innovation is the key to unlock new promising ideas to combat hunger and social injustice.
Let 2019 be the change you want to see. Social Innovation Challenge is looking for innovators like you.
Zero Hunger can be achieved by 2030 if:
Governments and the international community do significantly more to guarantee rights and essential public services for everyone. This includes specifically gender, land and labour rights as well as public services related to health, nutrition, and basic benefits for the most vulnerable groups.
Together we innovate, transfer and scale solutions that help to guarantee such rights and improve the access, quality and accountability of public services.
Challenges to you
Challenge 1: How might we support rural women and their families to access public services that truly help them escape hunger and injustice?
- Support vulnerable women improving their awareness, access and quality of services and help to ensure their rights at the local level
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of state services
- Provide radical alternatives to current models of service delivery
Challenge 2: How might we support social activists and concerned citizens to become more powerful in combating hunger and injustice?
- Magnify the voice of concerned citizens, social activists and their constituency to influence state policies at all levels
- Provide radical and effective alternatives to existing advocacy or campaign methods
- Support the international community in developing and enforcing global standards related to hunger and injustice
How to participate
- Step 1: Pick a challenge
- Step 2: Apply online
- Step 3: Upload a video or mood board that illustrates your passion & creative skills
Who should apply?
People with great ideas relevant to the challenges, or are in an early stage of developing solutions are encouraged to apply. Moreover:
- Creative people that have a passion for Zero Hunger and Social Justice
- Doers, that can take ideas forward
A diverse set of people with different skills and from different backgrounds – from smaller and larger Civil Society organisations, from Businesses and State actors
Interested in applying for the Social Innovation Challenge 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.