Deadline: May 31, 2019 00:00 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The startup must be younger than 6 years old; have raised less than $5MM in funding; be an independent company (not a subsidiary); have a working beta product or service
Startup of the Year 2019
Do you have what it takes to become the next Startup of the Year champion?
The Startup of the Year (SOTY) competition takes place over a 1-year period and culminates at our annual event each fall. It attracts the most innovative, emerging startups from around the world – and has been since 2006.
In doing so, the competition has had the pleasure helping to amplify the stories of some great companies such as GrubHub, Groupon, LivingSocial, AddThis, Desk, and Uber.
It provides founders the opportunity to grow their startup to its best potential via a global network that includes investors, influencers, and a world-wide startup community.
Startup of the Year elevates inclusivity and embraces diversity; the 2018 competition had nearly 50% women or minority founders.
- Apply: All applicants must be eligible (see top of this page), and must apply through the centralized application.
- Top 100 Semifinalists Selected: SOTY’s network of external judges will review the pool of eligible applications to carefully choose which startups to invite to join us as the Top 100 Semifinalists at our annual event each fall.
- SOTY Celebration & Showcase: The Top 100 will showcase their innovative products at the fall event, which is attended by investors, industry leaders, and more.
- 1st Round of Pitches: The Top 100 participates in a private pitch and Q&A session with a small panel of renowned judges.
- Top 5 Compete: The Top 5 pitch live to the audience and a select panel of judges at the fall event.
- Champion Announced: The next Startup of the Year Champion is announced!
Interested in applying for the Startup of the Year 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.