Deadline: May 21, 2017 | Apply here
Dates: July 3-5, 2017
Eligibility: Bachelor, Master or MBA students or doctoral candidates, ideally in the field of economics, humanities, media management, or business informatics, experience in developing creative and innovative business models and a fascination with cutting-edge digital trends
Location: Berlin, Germany
Talent Meets Bertelsmann 2017
Are you creative? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? Are you passionate about shaping the future of the media landscape, especially in the digital domain?
The 10th anniversary of our international networking extravaganza
The media industry is rapidly changing. Every day, we witness how global trends such as digitization are transforming user behavior and customer needs.
Bertelsmann is changing too: guided by a clear strategy with four priorities – Digital Transformation, Strengthening the Core, Growth Regions and Growth Platforms – Bertelsmann is moving full speed ahead to turn these developments into new possibilities for the company.
This truly is a time for new ideas and new businesses at Bertelsmann – and for creative, entrepreneurial, internationally-minded individuals who are seeking to help shape the future of media and services.
This is why, every year, they reach out to exceptional students from all over the world who wish to become part of the talent network – a talent network that in the meantime has grown to over 500 outstanding members.
If you are interested in learning about the challenges that will shape our industry in the years ahead, and are eager to turn these challenges into opportunities, you are invited to take a look behind the scenes of the Bertelsmann Group by participating in the anniversary edition of Talent Meets Bertelsmann event at the representative office in Berlin.
This is the real deal – you’ll meet members of the Executive Board and international top executives. You’ll participate in challenging workshops, working hand in hand with experienced Bertelsmann entrepreneurs on key business ideas that will be increasingly important for the future of media and services industries.
A jury composed of members of Bertelsmann’s Executive Board will evaluate your ideas and solutions.
Afterwards, you’ll become part of the unique “Talent Meets Bertelsmann” community that already includes more than 500 outstanding members. The top three teams win attractive prizes, and you will also have an opportunity to meet our top executives and discuss your ideas, opinions and plans.
The event will end with a party for all participants, featuring a live concert.
What Talent Meets Bertelsmann is offering
- An invitation to Berlin from July 3 to July 5, 2017.
- The chance to celebrate the event’s tenth installment by joining Talent Meets Bertelsmann anniversary edition.
- The opportunity to take part in workshops on future trends in our business areas.
- Attractive prizes for the best ideas and designs.
- An unforgettable party, complete with a concert from a BMG Rights Management talent.
- Individualized career consulting and outstanding networking opportunities.
- Membership in the extraordinary “Talent Meets Bertelsmann“ network, which gives you the chance to build long-term relationships.
What they’re looking for:
- Bachelor, Master or MBA students or doctoral candidates, ideally in the field of economics, humanities, media management, or business informatics.
- Experience in developing creative and innovative business models and a fascination with cutting-edge digital trends.
- Demonstrated affinity for media in projects conducted outside of a school or university context.
- Above-average academic performance, as well as strong analytical and conceptual abilities and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Talent Meets Bertelsmann will cover the costs of each participant’s hotel room for two nights (July 3 to July 5, 2017), as well as travel expenses up to 300 EUR for students coming from European schools and up to 500 EUR for students from non-European schools.
Interested? Then play a part in shaping the media world of tomorrow and apply before May 21, 2017 to participate in the anniversary edition.