Date: The internship starts in Spring 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: Currently working towards a BS, MS, MBA or advanced degree in a relevant Finance, Accounting, Taxation, Economics or Business relevant program.
Location: Fremont, The United States
Tesla motors spring accounting internship
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Tesla’s Mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy
Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents and manufactures cars at its factory in Fremont, California. Tesla is currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium-ionon battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have begun production of Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. The company’s world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what the company is trying to do too difficult.
Accounting internship at Tesla
Tesla Motors Accounting team is deeply ingrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members are expected not only to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways/recommendations but must also lead cross-functional decision-making processes and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company.
As an intern, you will work within either Tax, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets or Treasury team to support these initiatives.
- Tax is responsible for the development and execution of tax planning strategies in support of Tesla’s global growth strategies and initiatives, including preparation of internal memorandums to document and support international tax positions.
- Accounts Payable is responsible for managing Tesla’s debts to suppliers and creditors to ensure they are paid accurately and on time. The team is also responsible for processing and reconciling invoices, and verifying and recording expenses.
- Fixed Assets will partner closely with various business units within Tesla such as, Purchasing Team, Production Engineers and Project Managers to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact capital assets/fixed assets accounting.
- Treasury is a central role managing the cash management and investment activities for Tesla’s North American and LATAM operations. The team is responsible for coordinating Tesla’s banking activity with a keen eye to optimizing liquidity, maintaining debt requirements, and managing expenses.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
Required skills and qualifications
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, MBA or advanced degree in a relevant Finance, Accounting, Taxation, Economics or Business relevant program
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain key project metrics and assure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies. You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous work experience or internships in accounting and/or business development
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to work 40+ hours plus
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California