Deadline: September 7, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: applicants must have completed first cycle of university education from the Member States of the EU, EEA, EFTA, candidate countries, USA, Japan, South Korea and BRICS countries
Venue: Budapest, Hungary
Remuneration: a monthly grant of EUR 782.61
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is an independent body of the European Union (EU) set up in 2008 which enhances Europe’s ability to innovate by nurturing entrepreneurial talent and supporting new ideas. The EIT is launching a call for applications for its traineeship program lasting a minimum of three and a maximum of five months. The trainee will support the daily operations of the Policy and Communications Unit at the EIT. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT Headquarters are located.
The tasks of the trainee will include:
- Preparing presentations and visual aids for print and digital use;
- Monitoring of EU daily news, press reviews and EU institutional websites;
- Providing relevant background information through desktop research;
- Drafting briefings, articles and reports;
- Support the organisation of meetings and conferences;
- Managing contact databases (updating data, classification and research of relevant new contacts).
Trainees are selected from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, the Member States of the European Economic Area (EEA), the European Free Trade Area (EFTA), from candidate countries (Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), the United States of America, Japan, South Korea and the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa). Candidates must have completed, by the closing date for applications, the first cycle of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent. In order to fully benefit from the traineeship and to be able to follow meetings and perform adequately:
- Candidates from EU Member States must have very good knowledge of English and another EU official language;
- Candidates from EEA/EFTA Member States, candidate countries and from the USA, Japan, South Korea and the BRICS countries must have very good knowledge of English, the working language of the EIT.
Trainees will be awarded a monthly grant. The net amount of the grant is, as of 1 January 2015,782.61 EUR. Recruited trainees will get reimbursed the travel expenses incurred at the beginning and at the end of the traineeship. The trainee must complete a minimum of three months of the traineeship period to qualify for the travel allowance.
The deadline for applications is September 7, 2015. Candidates must submit their application electronically. Their application has to be composed of a duly signed CV Europass format and a motivation letter (1 page max). Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and the subject title must include “SURNAME Name + Reference of the Call for applications”.
Candidates are requested to send their application in English, the working language of the EIT.