Deadline: December 31, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Duration: 12 months
Eligibility: Students working towards a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
Location: Langley, The United Kingdom
Travelport Human Resources Internship
Are you looking to gain valuable professional work experience in a global corporate environment? Travelport is offering ambitious students like you the opportunity to undertake challenging and rewarding placements as part of your degree.
Travelport internships are about applying your skills to real-life problems that matter to customers and advanced technology. They’re also about helping you start a challenging and satisfying career in the travel commerce industry.
Travelport is offering undergraduate students the opportunity to undertake a challenging and rewarding Human Resources work placement with Travelport as part of their degree.
From day one as an intern, you will be given real responsibility, with your work directly impacting Travelport’s success. As a valued member of the team, you will work alongside experienced professionals on a variety of activities to help deliver against key department initiatives and strategic projects.
Jumpstart your career with Travelport
A large amount of trust is placed in the interns, allowing them to work with vital company information and giving them the freedom to manage their own workloads. Travelport is looking for talented, innovative and ambitious students to join for this exciting 12-month development opportunity.
The programme provides you with every opportunity to apply the knowledge you have gained from university to real business situations, whilst developing a deeper understanding of how global businesses operate.
2017 will mark the fifth year in running a successful Human Resources Internship Programme. As an HR intern, you will undertake project work that supports several teams within the department including Recruitment, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits and Admin & Reporting.
What might your role involve?
- Playing a vital role in every stage of the recruitment process for the next intake of interns, including advertising, conducting telephone interviews and organising and facilitating assessment centres
- Helping with the recruitment of temps and contractors through recruitment agencies
- Producing new material for the Intern page of Travelport’s Careers website
- Creating and updating the content of the HR pages on the intranet
- Managing the Travelport LinkedIn Careers pages, including posting engaging updates to increase the number of followers
- Acting as a support for the Learning and Development team
- Welcoming the new starters at Travelport by organising and running the induction process
- Benchmarking new roles to determine salary levels for new employees
- Managing the payment of contractors, including creating purchase orders, invoices and accruals
- Using the internal HR systems; including the management of employee data and acting as a system administrator for the Applicant Tracking System
- Interacting with Travelport colleagues worldwide on a regular basis on ad hoc project work
What is Travelport looking for?
Human Resources interns must:
- Be working towards a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- Be able to work independently and accurately
- Be able to work effectively with colleagues within a matrix team structure
- Be well organised, with the ability to multi-task
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic and driven approach, with an interest in HR
- Be able to work in a flexible and highly deadline orientated environment
- Whilst not mandatory, having an understanding of general HR principles and practice is of benefit