Deadline: October 17, 2018 17:00 GMT-0600| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: A candidate must be currently enrolled as a college student or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within the past six months and have started a company OR simply have an idea to start a company (must be a for-profit venture and headquartered in the United States)
Date: November 15, 2018
Prizes: A prize pool of USD 10,000,-
Location: Chicago, the United States
U.Pitch brings together the best students from a cross-section of universities in this ultimate national elevator pitch competition.
In just 90 seconds, students compete for national recognition and a prize pool of $10,000.
They also have the opportunity to showcase their idea or startup in front of hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders and other students from the entrepreneurial community.
Who should apply?
A successful candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled as a college student or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within the past six months
- Have started a company OR simply have an idea to start a company (must be a for-profit venture and headquartered in the United States)
- Have prepared a brief (140 characters or less) description of your idea
- Be ready with a link to a 90-second pitch video of you explaining your idea (YouTube or Vimeo)
- You are responsible for any travel or lodging expenses to and from U.Pitch
- If selected to participate in the Semifinal Round, you will need to be able to attend U.Pitch on Thursday, November 15 from 9AM – 3:30PM CST in Chicago, IL.
- You will pitch live to a panel of judges and then will have an exhibit table to showcase and demo business for the chance to win the People’s Choice Award.
- The top contestants will advance to the live Finals Round open to the public.
- You’ll also be required to attend one virtual information session in the weeks prior to U.Pitch
Interested in attending the U.Pitch 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.