Deadline: February 22, 2021 17:00 (CET)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Only currently enrolled undergraduate college students taking classes during the 2020-32 academic school year (August 2020 – May 2021) are eligible. Students who completed their studies and will graduate in December 2020 are also eligible, provided they have not started graduate school or are taking graduate-level courses at the time of the competition.
Values and Ventures Competitions 2021
Values and Ventures Competitions invites students from around the world to pitch ideas for conscious capitalism ventures that make a profit while also solving a problem. Winners take home thousands of dollars to help make their ideas come true.
Recycling plants that employ the homeless. Better access to autism treatment. Human-powered farm machines. Real-time organ donor communication. These are a few of the business ideas that have been awarded over the past 10 years.
Criteria for a Values-Centered Venture
A values-centered venture contributes to the well-being of specific internal or external stakeholders through products, services and/or profits.
- Ventures submitted for the Values and Ventures® competition must be for-profit, values-centered enterprises. Nonprofit ventures are not allowed
- Plans must demonstrate a societal or environmental need to be filled, as well as the profitability of the business
* $100,000 Grand Prize = $50,000 cash at competition + $50,000 cash at 2022 competition upon completion of milestones.
- Grand Prize $100,000*
- Second Place $40,000
- Third Place $20,000
- Honorable Mentions (6) $5,000 each
- Elevator Pitch First $2,000
- Elevator Pitch Second $1,500
- Elevator Pitch Third $1,000
- Honorable Mentions (3) $500 each
- Plus additional in-kind awards from our sponsors.
All teams are eligible for these special cash awards:
- Founders Award $5,000
- Sly Innovation Award $2,500
- Ripple Effect Award $2,500
Interested in applying for the Values and Ventures Competitions 2021? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.