Dates: January 16-26, 2020 | Register here
Eligibility: Each team may consist of up to four people employed by the same organization. The organization must be a valid Visa client or processor. Each team member must be at least 18 years of age, or the applicable age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, but in any event not younger than 18 years of age at time of registration
Application fee: USD 800,-
Visa Global Challenge 2020
The Visa Global Challenge is a unique learning opportunity for Visa clients and processors to apply their knowledge, skills and abilities in a fictitious marketplace to create the most profitable card portfolio.
Get ready for an interactive training event like nothing you’ve experienced before. Your challenge: partner with three of your colleagues in a worldwide competition to build the most profitable payments portfolio.
During this 10-week online program, your team will compete against teams from around the globe to see who can build the most successful credit, debit and acquiring portfolio over a five-year period in a simulated marketplace.
Each week, your team will spend a few hours reviewing market data, learning new payments skills, and entering decisions into the simulation tracker. A leaderboard will be posted every two weeks so you can see how your team ranks against the competition.
The simulation scenario is especially exciting because it is very similar to today’s business climate. Your team will face competition from new players in the market, navigate regulation and fee changes, and make tough decisions surrounding digital wallets, contactless payments, and how to compete with non-card payment solutions.
During the program, your team will compete against other teams from around the world to see who can build the most successful credit, debit and acquiring the portfolio, over a 5-year period, in a fictitious marketplace.
- Year 1 – Product Development: Best-practice techniques and how to use data mining for better business decisions.
- Year 2 – Card Economics: Cost and revenue drivers and how to manage the variables that impact your profit and loss (P&L).
- Year 3 – Acquiring and Credit Risk Management: Cardholder segmentation techniques to improve portfolio performance and how to balance risk and revenue opportunities.
- Year 4 – Marketing Life Cycle: Life cycle marketing and how to move from acquisition to activation and loyalty to maximize cardholder profitability.
- Year 5 – The Changing Payments Landscape: Payments trends and how to navigate an evolving landscape that includes mobile, digital wallets, and new technologies and stakeholders.
Who should participate in the team
This is a great opportunity to inspire teamwork between new and experienced staff. You can also grow the expertise of your entire team when you bring together people from different departments. They will each bring their own set of analytical, strategic, and marketing skills.
- Middle and senior management personnel involved in strategy and business planning, marketing, risk management, systems and operations
- Card centre staff with a good knowledge of the card business and managerial responsibility or a specific profitability role
- New card centre, operations, or marketing staff with an interest in card programs
Real-world education and practice for payments professionals
- Learn new payment skills.
During this event, you will learn new skills and gather insights from industry experts. We’ll explore how the payments landscape is changing, share risk management best practices to increase your profitability, and provide guidance on card economics and life cycle marketing.
- Build better collaboration.
The Visa Global Challenge is a great opportunity to inspire teamwork across different departments and experience levels, and encourage diverse viewpoints in the decision-making process. Throughout the challenge, you’ll learn how to leverage others’ strengths to build your business.
- Advance your knowledge.
The online simulation will give you a chance to manage a payments business in a risk-free setting. The challenges you will face are built on real-world situations. The moves your competitors make will impact your decisions and the decisions you make will impact your results.
Interested in applying for the Visa Global Challenge 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.