Deadline: April 30, 2018 00:00 (AEST)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: The Scholarship is available for domestic or international students with the aim of supporting developing researchers in obtaining a highly valued research experience in Queensland.
Location: Queensland, Australia
WH Bryan Scholarship 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions.
It strives for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge. For more than a century, they have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
In 2018, scholarships will be provided to the postgraduate researcher in earth science to commemorates the legacy of Professor WH Bryan MC, who made many fundamental, impactful and diverse contributions to the geology of Queensland, tertiary education, and societal well-being.
- PhD Scholarship will be provided to the Earth Sciences students
- $32,000 per year stipend & $18,000 per year towards project research costs over 3 years will be provided
- The scholarship will be offered every four years
- The scholarship will help the candidate to advance their understanding of Queensland Earth Sciences by addressing a globally significant problem leading to impactful outcomes
- Scholarship will provide flexibility to the supervisory team in terms of managing research support, such as allowing research support funds to be used to provide a six-month scholarship extension
- It will support some international activities by the scholar such as international conference presentations, field workshops, and laboratory work
- The successful candidate must be hosted at one of the three tertiary institutions in Queensland that teach/research in Earth Sciences, being The University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology and James Cook University
- Students that have already received or accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program, will not be eligible
- Ensure that the candidate satisfies the UQ PhD admission entry requirements
How to apply?
Written application is expected to be no more than 10 pages.
Each application is to include information on:
- PhD Candidate – curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and a brief statement outlining why they are applying and how does this fit into their future career;
- Project description;
- Research significance;
- Supervisory team CV;
- Research environment;