Deadline: May 2016 | Get your ticket here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: May 25-29, 2016
Price: the 5-day event is just €165 (scholarships are available)
Location: Jaarbeurs, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Campus Party 2016: the world’s biggest tech event
5 days of inspiration, challenges and camping in a world of tech and innovation
Do you dare to dream, love to make things, hack things, and solve difficult problems? Do you love puzzles, play games, and take actions to create a better future? Are you already imagining the future and how you can affect it?
Shout out to all tech lovers – the world’s biggest tech festival will be taking place from May 25-29, 2016 in Utrecht – The Netherlands.
About Campus Party
Campus Party is the greatest technological experience of the world which brings together young geeks & aspiring entrepreneurs in a festival of innovation, creativity, science, digital entertainment & entrepreneurship.
Since 1997, the event has brought together young, technical talent at a festival celebrating innovation, creativity, science, entrepreneurship and digital entertainment. After the first edition in Spain, resulting in an enthusiastic, international fan base, there have been editions in Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Colombia, Mexico, Ecuador and El Salvador.
Fifty-two Campus Party events have been held worldwide. Last year’s edition in Brazil drew 120,000 visitors and 8,000 Campuseros from 21 different countries. This year will be the fourth European edition and the first ever to take place in the Netherlands. Campus Party 2016 will be held at Jaarbeurs, Utrecht, from May 25 to 29, 2016. Campus Party expects to welcome between 3,500 and 5,000 visitors a day.
This global event will be attended by students, tech fans, innovators and geeks from all over the world. Participants – called Campuseros – will work together for five days, 24 hours a day, actively contributing to solutions for future challenges in workshops and hackathons. They will be joined by organizations and individuals at the cutting edge of technology. This year, the line-up includes also a Nobel Prize Laureate and Hyperloop developers.
Above all, Campus Party challenges technical talent to contribute to innovative solutions addressing the most important issues facing society now and in the future.
The event’s motto is We don’t talk about the future. We build the future. Campus Party participants do a lot more than listen. They actively participate and work together with like-minded people. Campuseros will work on creative solutions for challenges presented by leading companies and organizations. They work on innovations in big data, sustainability, virtual reality, and the future of education and health care, but also on disruptive business models.
Campus Party also stimulates entrepreneurship in young tech talents with an interesting Startup program. Startups will share their experiences setting up a project or company. Startups and aspiring entrepreneurs can also register for Start-up 360.
Campus party is a great place for:
- Programmers/ developers: Campus Party is great for people who like to build things from scratch and improve current systems and code. Participating in challenges and workshops will improve your skill set. You’ll meet tech heroes and game-changers who will share their knowledge and challenge your abilities.
- Entrepreneurs: Campus Party is for those with a deep drive to connect, create and grow teams, ideas and products into valuable propositions. The drivers can be very different among entrepreneurs ranging from helping people to making money, to having fun or simply connecting the dots to solve a puzzle.
- Designers: Campus Party is for creative people who believe that form and function are as important as technology. Creatives are interested in the way people interact with technology. In their work they aim to make technology beautiful, pleasing, shocking, and human-centered. They design apps and websites, watches and chairs. It might be cliche to say they think outside the box. Let’s just say they think of the box, its outside and inside; they think about the people who encounter the box and the people who create the box.
- Geeks/ Technicians: Campus Party is great for those people building robots, fiddling around with drones, and taking things apart. They love gadgets and the latest technology. They know that you have to take something completely apart to figure out what’s wrong with it. Sometimes they can even put it back together. They are a curious and focused group.
- Gamers: Real gamers are always up-to-date with the latest games, game on multiple devices, but have their favorite. And gaming? That is done alone or with friends, both online and at events. It’s even done at Campus Party where gamers are welcome.
- High-potentials: The brightest students and recent graduates in their field are welcome at Campus Party. They can be economists, biologists, anthropologists, or artists. They love to look over the horizon of their field and learn from experiences and real connections with other people.
- As a Campusero you have access to all content, all areas, and will be at the event for 5 days and 4 nights. You’ll work on multiple challenges/ hackathons, meet like-minded people, get inspired, and build a network that will last a lifetime. Campusero access is available for students. Tickets are just €165.
- As a Startup you can pitch your business plan to investors, the general public, and inspire fellow entrepreneurs to team up with you. We will also offer a business marathon program that you are certain to benefit from. Ticket: TBA
- As a Visitor you will have day access to the Campus Experience. It’s going to be exciting. Our partners will create labs where you can experience the latest technology, see exciting presentation, get involved and be amazed. We think it will be well worth your time and a lot of fun. Ticket: €15.
Campusero registration will get you:
- You get your own 1-person tent. Bring a pillow and a sleeping bag.
- There will be showers and toilets. We’ll take care that there are enough.
- You get access to all of the exhibition areas. This includes the Gamezone, Dronezone, and VR zone.
- You get the opportunity to participate in the challenges and workshops and hackathons.
- You get to listen to exciting speakers.
- You get to meet many of them.
- You get to meet other people who share your interests.