Deadline: February 1, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The Student Design Competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture degree program
The Student Design Competition celebrates original design and rewards individuals and/or teams whose projects demonstrate innovative, functional design solutions that have a positive environmental and human impact, while allowing emerging professionals the opportunity to showcase their work and fresh design ideas to professionals working in the field.
First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information. Winners will be announced in the Spring 2016 issue of QUAD, the IIDA student newsletter, and featured inDesignMatters and on the IIDA website.
- Click here to view the design brief: Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website between November 2, 2015 and February 1, 2016, by 11:59 p.m. Central time. Each submission must include the following:
- 500-word max project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the future of the urban university.
- 24″x36″ digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 5MB containing:
- (3) Dimensional floor plan for each floor drawn to scale and/or furniture plan (You may combine these plans and they may be rendered)
- (3) Reflected ceiling plan for each floor
- (2) to (4) renderings
- Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- File name: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2015_board.pdf)
- Individual JPEG digital submissions of the (10) to (12) required drawings/ renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPEG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2015_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions: not to exceed 11″x17″
- IIDA Student Members: $25.00
- Non-members: $70.00 (includes IIDA Student membership for the remainder of 2015 through Dec. 31, 2016).
- IIDA Student Members: $25.00 per team (at least one student on the team must be an IIDA Student Member)
- Non-members: $70.00 per team (does not include membership offer)
A panel of three judges will evaluate the entries on:
- 20%: Innovation and creativity
- 20%: Coherence and functionality
- 20%: Human and environmental impact
- 20%: Fulfillment of the program requirements and additional contributions above and beyond the basic program
- 20%: Presentation