Deadline: April 9, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: between 18 until 20 May
Eligibility: EU/EEA/Nordic country/Switzerland, 18+
Prize: Fully sponsored trip to Gothenburg including a meeting with the Vice Dean and Chairman of the board of The School of Business, Economics and Law
Location: University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Win an all-inclusive travel grant to the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg
By studying at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg, you would get the opportunity to make a difference.
To interact. To develop. To affect your future.
Affect your future, even perhaps the whole world’s future. Isn’t that exciting? You will get the potential to become the leaders of tomorrow because you care and because you want to make a difference. This is your chance to show your skills and compete for a travel grant to visit Gothenburg, where you will get to meet and listen to the representatives of some of Sweden’s largest companies.
The School of Business, Economics and Law aims to educate internationally active students who have adopted a responsible attitude towards societal development, and to perform top-quality research that helps identify solutions to complex global problems.
Moreover, today it is more important than ever to be open to the world around us and to cultivate co-operation with people from other cultures. They are constantly seeking to develop and strengthen partnerships with top universities around the world and international accreditation is a vital element in quality assurance.
Sustainability is one of the School’s key focus areas, and one of society’s greatest challenges, which includes environmental, economic, and social sustainability. If you have a creative idea, this school wants to hear about it.
So, are you creative enough to take the challenge?
- Winners must be a citizen of EU/EEA/Nordic country or Switzerland
- Winner must be at least 18 years old AND have a high-school diploma (or “gymnasieexamen”) by 1st of August 2016
- Winners must complete the competition AND apply to the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg by the 15th of April 2016 – Apply HERE
- Winners must be able to travel to Sweden and be there between the 18th of May until the 20th of May
- Winners must abide by the application requirements of the host organization
- All users must provide submissions that the user has created him/herself
- All users must provide personal information that is truthful and accurate
- Sqore reserves the right to exclude users at its sole discretion
- By participating in this opportunity you adhere to the Sqore.com Terms & Conditions
- The winner will receive a 10,000 SEK travel grant (includes flight/train tickets and accommodation) to visit the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg
- The winner will get to meet the Vice Dean and Chairman of the Board for Sustainable Development at the School of Business, Economics and Law to talk about how universities can work with different areas of sustainability and also pitch his/her winning idea
- The winner will get a coaching session with a certified career coach to get help with reaching his or her personal goals
- The winner will get to attend a seminar on how board diversity and gender composition shape firms’ Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Performance. The seminar is held on the 19th of May between 10.00-13.00 by Corinne Post, Associate Professor
- No prize alternatives or cash equivalents are offered
- Prizes are non-transferable
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize
To take part in the Travel Grant Challenge at University of Gothenburg, please follow this application link and create a profile.
The first step is to take The Sustainability Challenge, which consists out of 10 questions with 4 minutes and 50 seconds of time limit.
The next step is to take The School of Business, Economics and Law Challenge, which consists of 5 questions with a time limit of 5 minutes.
Right after that you will be asked to write The Sustainability Case in a form of an essay, with no time limit. And the final step is to fill in the Application profile form.
- Questions are all multiple choice with one correct answer only
- Each question has its own time limit
- When the time us up, you will automatically be forward to the next question
- You can only take this quiz once.
This opportunity is powered by Sqore.
For more business and career opportunities, please check our opportunities section and subscribe to our weekly newsletters.