Deadline: December 2, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Fellowship: Fellows receive a living stipend, housing, travel reimbursement and health insurance.
Dates: The Program begins in mid-August and runs through mid-December.
Location: Yale University, New Haven, United States.
Do you want to be a World Fellow?
Yale World Fellows brings 16 accomplished, mid-career, global leaders to Yale’s flagship leadership development program for a four-month immersive transformational journey. The program was established in 2002 and now has a network of 275 Fellows from 84 countries.
The Program provides the opportunity for World Fellows to contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, participate in events, collaborate with peers, audit classes, mentor students and lead round-table discussions. In doing so, it exposes emerging global leaders to new ideas and ways of doing and thinking. Brilliant minds are refreshed, challenged and expanded.
The Fellows come from diverse backgrounds and disciplines, but they share much in common: they are dynamic practitioners, capable leaders, of extraordinary character, and committed to using their energy and talents to make a positive difference in the world.
The mission of Yale World Fellows is to cultivate and empower a network of globally engaged leaders committed to making the world a better place.
- Be in the mid-career stage: Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Be a citizen of a country other than the United States. While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. Fellows must be able to read and understand complex academic texts, give oral presentations in front of small and large audiences, and build professional and personal relationships with colleagues and distinguished guests – in English.
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
- Please note that application for admission to the Yale World Fellows Program is completely an online process. There is no application fee and there are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- Prior to the deadline you are able to work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Most questions about the Program and the application process can be answered by reviewing this website and the common questions. If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Yale World Fellows Program 2016.