Arab Mobile Challenge 2015 (AMC) is your opportunity to enhance your entrepreneurial skills, showcase your unique and innovative thinking and also win big! This challenge is not only for people with technical skills, but for people with great ideas that can translate into viable solutions.
- Your team must consist of at least two (2) and no more than six (6) people
- At least one (1) member of your team must hold a passport from the Pan-Arab Region
- All members of your team must be over the age of eighteen (18)
- Your team should have received no funding at all to qualify for the idea track.
- Your team should not have received more than One Hundred Thousand US Dollars ($100,000 USD) in seed funding to qualify for the start up track
Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Plastine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen.
- Finalist teams will be invited to Regional Finals in January 2016.
- Some winning teams will be winning financial prizes, and some will be invited to go to Barcelona to compete in the Global Mobile Competition during the Mobile World Congress, 2016.
- $20,000 for Best Idea Track
- $20,000 for Best Startup Track
- Selected teams representing different countries to be nominated to compete at the Global Mobile Challenge in Barcelona during MWC 2016.
Do you have a new innovative idea related to mobile? Do you have an early stage start up in the mobile sector? Are you an entrepreneur at heart?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then you should register your team to take part in this challenge. Please register your team details only once. We ask that the team leader from every team to enter your mobile app detail to avoid duplicate entries.
Once you register we will be inviting you to an acceleration event and to register on the online platform to access resources. We will work closely with your team to develop this idea, and we will help you to eventually submit the following:
A two minute video representation of the concept and functionality.
A PowerPoint presentation using the template provided to include:
- solution to the problem you are solving
- marketing strategy
- Team Registration 10th June – 15th August 2015
- Acceleration Events Late August – Mid October 2015
- Mentor Platform 15 September 2015
- Submission Selection – Online team submissions and selection to regional finals 1 – 5 December 2015
- Regional Finals – Two day event. Selected teams flown to pitch and compete in Finals destinations. January 2016 (Destination TBC)
- Global Mobile Challenge – Selected teams flown to compete during Mobile World Congress event 22 – 26 February 2016 (Barcelona, Spain)
Arab Mobile App Challenge 2015
A smartphone app competition for startup founders
Deadline: August 15, 2015
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prize: $20,000 for Best Idea Track and $20,000 for Best Startup Track