Deadline: May 25, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Only university students eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission of the Initial Application are permitted to submit their proposals. Students worldwide must be registered in a Bachelor’s (at least the 2nd year), Master’s or MBA program of business, engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or other Sciences are eligible to compete in the Contest. The Contest is open exclusively to individual students in teams of two, of which at least one team member is female. Both of the team members must study in the same region for the duration of the competition.
Go Green in the City Challenge 2019
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation in Energy Management and Automation. They are always on the lookout for bold ideas that can shape the future of our industries and our company.
The Go Green in the City challenge is now entering its 9th year running and its 2019 edition is going to be even bigger, better and bolder!
It is looking for students like you from around the world who are willing to put their skills and ideas to the test.
Take part in one of the biggest global business challenges today!
More than 80,000 students from 180 countries have participated in the Go Green in the City challenge over the last 8 years – now, it is your turn!
In a team of two, present your idea to Schneider Electric. Make it to the finals in Spain and you could win the grand prize of a lifetime!
Share your bold idea
Solve one of our four real-life case challenges within energy management or submit your bold idea for efficient energy management in a city environment.
Choose from 4 categories:
- Sustainability & Access to Energy: Digitize the business and enable access to energy or sustainable developments.
- Buildings of the Future: Can buildings be smarter, more sustainable and incorporate new technologies?
- Plants of the Future: Apply IoT, AI, Machine Learning and more to the industries of the present or future.
- Grids of the Future: Imagine the future of energy management and distribution!
- 1st Prize: The winning team will win job offers from Schneider Electric, and an all-inclusive international trip to two cities of their choice (where Schneider Electric has offices).
- Global Finalists: The Top 8 teams will be invited on a fully sponsored trip to the Schneider Electric Global Innovation Summit in Barcelona to pitch for the Grand Prize & an invitation to interview for Schneider Electric’s Internship Program.
- Regional Finalists: Participants will receive mentorship from Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposals and make it to the Grand Finale!
- Women in Energy Award: One all-female team from the semi-finals will win the Women in Energy Award, securing a place in the finals and cash prize of USD $1,000.
Interested in applying for the Go Green in the City Challenge 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.