Deadline: June 18, 2020 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: You must be the founder/co-founder, aged 18-35, playing an active role in the operations and leadership of the enterprise represented in the competition, and hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2020
Before the global coronavirus pandemic, we liked to say agribusiness is a trillion-dollar opportunity. Now, everyone on the planet understands that agribusiness truly is a critical industry.
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize aims to find Africa’s brightest young agrifood entrepreneurs. It is seeking agribusinesses that bring technology, innovation, and passion to the agriculture and food industries.
YOU could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business in Africa.
We need strong agriculture and food businesses to get us through the pandemic and grow our communities and economies when it’s over. GoGettaz wants to support YOUR businesses to become profitable and scale, so you can lead the way.
Let’s #GrowEntrepreneurs and #TransformFood in Africa
Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win 50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scaleable business ventures. Ten finalists will benefit from a package of support to boost their business. 250 applicants will benefit from online training to strengthen their business plans.
GoGettaz is seeking businesses that show:
- originality and innovation
- market potential and traction
- social or environmental impact
- a viable and scaleable business model
- and an inspiring and investible team
Your venture must:
- have its headquarters in one of the 54 countries of the African Union, and be officially registered by 1 August 2020
- be designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a market-based social venture
- generating revenue at least in part and aiming for non-donor-based sustainability
play a role in the agri-food sector
- Innovation: What problem does your business solve for its customers? What is its solution? How is this unique or innovative?
- Market: Who are your customers? Who are your competitors? What is the market potential? What is your go-to-market plan?
- Business Model: How does your business generate revenue? How does it or will it achieve profit? What is your plan for scaling up your business?
- Impact: How does your business have a positive social or environmental impact? How are you minimizing your negative impacts?
- Team: Who is in your leadership team? What experience and expertise do they bring to the business?
Interested in applying for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.