Deadline for scholarship applications: December 9, 2016
Deadline for applications and admission tests: December 16, 2016
Dates: March 11-14, 2017 | Register here
Eligibility: High school students in their last two years
undergraduate, postgraduate, I or II Level Master’s and doctorate students
students who have graduated (no more than a year after receiving their diploma)
Price: EUR 250,- (scholarships available)
Location: Rome, Italy
International Careers Festival 2017:
Where Talent meets Opportunity
Are you an aspiring diplomat or international officer in the business world or a non-profit sector? Do you want to launch your career and step up your game to a different level? In such case, you cannot miss the International Careers Festival!
Designed by the Giovani nel Mondo Association, The International Careers Festival aims to have talented students and recent graduates meet with hundreds of international opportunities.
You might be just a single click from the opportunity that will change your whole life! Join thousands of young people from around the world and take part in a one-of-a-kind festival.
Save the date
This year from the 11th to 14th March 2017, in the heart the capital city of Rome, Giovani nel Mondo will greet 35,000 young people from all continents of the world.
If you are interested in joining the event of the year, register today so you don’t miss the deadlines!
- December 9, 2016 – Deadline for scholarship applications
- December 16, 2016 – First deadline for applications and admission tests
- If there are vacancies after the first deadline, there will be a second deadline of January 13, 2017
After the successful launch of the first edition in March 2016, and the growing number of foreign universities involved in the project, the desire to create such a unique event has become reality.
There are four projects participants can choose from with 250 scholarships available, thanks to the support of important sponsors like Albatravel, Barel e WEP ma.
Here’s the deal
International Careers Festival offers you various workshops and seminars, stands where students can directly acquire practical skills, and not to mention the acclaimed marathon and final concert planned as the coronation of this annual event.
Therefore, Rome will be an unprecedented stage of ambition and tenacity, innovation and cooperation, and languages and cultures from around the world.
International Careers Fair
What is more, during the festival, you can take part in International Careers Fair. It is a large exhibition area open to both participants and the public alike. It will be divided into two different sections the education/university area and the work/internship area.
The Fair is the meeting and interaction point between thousands of students, whether they are looking for studying, training, internship, work opportunities, and industry experts.
Above all, the festival gives a unique opportunity for interaction and networking between brilliant young people, institutions, companies, NGOs, international organizations, and television and radio networks. It’s your time to get involved!
Four projects to kickstart your career
The Festival is composed of four main projects:
- Rome Model United Nations – It’s your turn to practice diplomacy with the simulation of the United Nations. Recommended for students interested in the topic, especially of international relations, diplomacy, political science or law.
- Rome Business Game – It’s your time to take the challenge! Take part in a simulation of business realities involving case study competitions. If you study economics, business, management, marketing, computer science or if you are curious about this topic you are more than welcome to join.
- Rome Press Game – This is the place where journalism and media (the web, tv, radio) simulation happens. It’s your time to play! Sign up today, especially if you study communication, media, translation and interpretation, literature or philosophy.
- International Careers Course – Provides you guidance course filled with practical workshops for a successful international career. Sounds exciting? It’s your time to learn!
You are free to choose the one most suited to your academic background, professional aspirations or general interest.
Need more reasons to join?
Two key points of the International Careers Festival include the practical approach towards job seeking in an international environment. During the event, you will meet experts in the field of human resources looking for talent to join their staff.
The complex world of international careers will have no more secrets for participants. Meet face to face with officials of international organizations, representatives of the major NGOs in Italy and worldwide, HR of leading companies, and representatives of the top universities and business schools.
How to apply
The online application process for the various projects is simple and straightforward. It allows participants to choose the program best suited to their academic background to launch their careers and take advantage of one of the many scholarships available.
In order to take part in the festival, your English language skills must be at least B1. To complete the application, you must either take an online English test or upload a certificate confirming your level of English.
Participation fee includes:
- participation to all conference sessions
- preparation materials
- access to the online forum
- online preparation meetings (3 meetings of 3 hours each)
- delegate’s kit
- lunches during the days of the conference
- certificate of participation
About the International Careers Festival
The idea to create International Careers Festival was conceived by Giovani nel Mondo, a non-profit association founded in Italy. The goal of the association is promoting and favoring the interaction between the talent, ambition, and brilliance of the youth and the world of international opportunities.
As a result of the RomeMUN project and for the new bilingual website, a unique platform to bridge the gap between young people and work/training opportunities, Giovani nel Mondo is known both in Italy and abroad.
The International Careers Festival is sponsored by major institutions. It includes the Italian Presidency of the Council of Ministers, the Representation in Italy of the European Commission, UN agencies IFAD and the World Food Programme, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Youth Committee UNESCO and Roma Capitale.
If you have any questions regarding the program and the application process, feel free to contact Eleonora Mantovani via email@example.com.