Deadline: March 13, 2019 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
Eligibility: MassChallenge accepts applications from early-stage startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. Prospective startups should be ready to make a big impact in your industry and should have raised less than $500K in equity-based funding and generated less than $1M in revenue.
Location: Boston, the United States
To date, more than 1,900 MassChallenge alumni have raised more than $4 billion in funding, generated over $2.5 billion in revenue, and created over 120,000 total jobs.
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators.
Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK, the accelerator is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world.
Marking its tenth cycle, this year’s accelerator will support 100 high-impact startups across industries through access to top corporates, expert mentors, curated resources, dynamic office space, and more than $1M in cash prizes and scholarships – all at zero cost and for zero equity.
How does the accelerator work?
MassChallenge runs one accelerator program in each of its locations and in each of our verticals each year.
In the accelerators (Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, UK), selected startups are early-stage (<$500K in funding) and participate in a four-month, industry-agnostic accelerator where they receive:
- Hands-on support from top mentors and experts
- Free co-working space
- Access to MassChallenge’s unrivalled network of corporate partners
- Tailored workshops and office hours
- The opportunity to win a portion of more than $2M in cash prizes
How is MassChallenge different from other accelerators?
- MassChallenge does not take equity from the startups we support (yes, really).
- The accelerator is open to startups across any industry, from anywhere in the world.
- MassChallenge is a global network, which means more resources and more access for all startups.
- It is one of the largest accelerators in the world – which means more resources for its startups.
- MassChallenge uses a competition framework to facilitate its accelerator program: there are two rounds of judging during the application process to select startups for the cohort.
- Experts from the startup community serve as MassChallenge judges.
- Cash prizes are awarded at the end of the accelerator, based on a final round of judging.
MassChallenge judges look for high-impact startups, with a viable path to success and some traction/progress in their plans.
Startups do not receive any upfront funding but do have the opportunity to compete for approximately $2 million in zero-equity cash awards at the end of the program. It does offer a limited number of scholarships, provided by the sponsor organizations.
Interested in applying for the MassChallenge 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.