Deadline: April 8, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Eligibility: Participation in this competition is open to all individuals who have the Internet access and an email address, regardless of their country of residence
YOG Medal Design Competition 2019
The International Olympic Committee is pleased to announce the medal design competition for the Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020.
The first prize will be to have your medal made and worn by the young athletes who have won a place on the podium, as well as a trip to Lausanne.
Design your medal
Choose the format you prefer, let your creativity flow and show us what you think the official medal of the Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020 should look like.
When designing your medal, you must respect the following guidelines:
- The competition is to design the obverse of the medal only (the reverse side will be designed by the Lausanne 2020 Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (Lausanne 2020)).
- Your design (the front) should reflect the spirit of the Winter Youth Olympic Games, while the reverse side will be designed by Lausanne 2020 and reflect elements of Swiss culture and the YOG emblem.
- The border of your design must be circular in shape with no elements cut out.
- The Olympic rings should appear somewhere in your design.
- The Olympic rings must always be reproduced in their pure form. They may not be altered, formed from other elements or cut.
- Do not add text to your design except if you wish to use the words Youth Olympic Games.
1st place awarded for the winning design will receive a visit for two persons in January 2020 to the Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020 including:
- Round-trip flights and travel by train for two persons in economy class to Lausanne, Switzerland
- Accommodation at one of the official hotels for four nights including breakfast
- Access to the Opening Ceremony
- Access to all the sports events for the duration of the stay
- A souvenir set of medals for the Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020
- A Samsung tablet