Duration: 3-12 months | Apply here
Location: PMI departments worldwide
Get international business experience with a global industry leader – Philip Morris International
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets.
In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products. RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes.
Looking for real work experience? Philip Morris International internships are hands on. You will perform real tasks in real business situations. They encourage students from a wide range of academic disciplines to apply, although it is preferable if you have taken business-related courses.
The internships usually last from three to twelve months in one of PMI departments, though they can sometimes cover more than one business area or office location. Typically, you will be involved in the department’s day-to-day activities, as well as working on specific projects on a team.
Who said that you can only expand your horizon with a backpack? Your future colleagues represent more than 100 different nationalities and speak over 80 languages. So even in your home country, you will always feel like part of a truly global team at PMI.
Still have the uncontrollable urge to cross the globe? Grab the chance to work in one of the 60 worldwide offices and learn the skills that open doors in a whole new location. Some of PMI employees get to travel quite a bit, others choose a path that lets them work in their preferred location. So what are you waiting for?
Discover your strengths and envision what you want your career to look like. Gain experience while working on real business issues, participating on cross-functional projects and receiving coaching and mentoring from organization leaders. PMI internship program is unlike any other.
Career success comes from what you know and what you do. Develop your business skills by learning from others, participating in challenging cross-functional projects and developing your technical skills. The opportunity for short-term and long-term international assignments allows you to invest in yourself, see the world and make a difference to our business.
Experience leading-edge approaches in leadership development designed to continuously build your leadership capabilities. They team up with prestigious universities and organizations to offer you innovative programs and learning opportunities. Share what you know, learn from your colleagues, external speakers, and the senior leaders.
An internship at PMI will give you real work experience right from the start.
Do you have the same priorities in life as your neighbor, your friend, or colleagues? Probably not! Yours might be competitive pay, an attractive benefits package or international opportunities. Maybe flexibility, family life, enhancing your wellbeing or experiencing the world? That’s why they structure the reward programs based on where you are, what you value and what your achievements are.
One size does not fit all – that is what PMI believe in. What else? They tend to reward our employees more than other companies do. After all, don’t you think you deserve it?
- direct experience working with managers;
- the chance to work in an exciting international business environment;
- important experience with an industry leader; and
- the opportunity to see whether a career with us is right for you.
What does it take to join the team?
Working for a global leader in a highly competitive and challenging market takes a special person. Here are the skills and characteristics they look for in a candidate:
- Courage. PMI is always looking for those rare leaders who possess the self-assurance to stand up for their ideas. True leadership sometimes means being a lone voice, but it always means having the courage of your convictions.
- Clear and constructive communication between team members is vital to avoid potential misunderstandings. A candid, honest exchange of ideas creates an environment of trust and inspiration. That means not only giving constructive feedback but also being a good listener.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. The PMI team has a boundless curiosity and are always looking for possibilities where others might not see them. They possess unique insight, and they are not scared of tackling complex problems.
- Efficiency. PMI employees strive for excellence through efficient work habits and skillful performance. With a combination of well-planned processes, smart priorities, and agile problem solving, our people enjoy doing the job and doing it right. The results are often impressive.
- Emotional intelligence. Our behavior and moods affect everyone around us. Teamwork means being emotionally perceptive to the feelings of others, and having the sensitivity to influence the moods of our teammates in a positive way.