Deadline: October 14, 2018 23:59 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: February 4, 2019
Location: Seattle, the United States
Techstars Seattle Accelerator Program 2019
Techstars provides Accelerator portfolio companies with access to financial, human and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business.
Upon acceptance to a Techstars Accelerator, every company is offered a $100,000 convertible note.
Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the program, and in return receives 6% common stock from each company.
Benefits of applying
Historically, on average, Techstars companies go on to raise more than $2M of outside capital after the program
- Access to Techstars resources for life
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentor-based Accelerator program with personal mentorship and office space to accelerate your business
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs including more than 10,000 mentors; 2,700 investors; 1,200 alumni companies and 180 staff members
- Access to over $300k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting and, legal support –plus other credits and perks worth more than $1M
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
- In the unlikely event that a participating company is dissatisfied with their experience in the Techstars program, Techstars offers an Equity Back Guarantee, the only one of its kind in the industry
Who should apply?
Techstars funds technology-oriented companies, typically web-based or other software companies, but they’ve funded companies that don’t quite fit that mould as well.
They’re also looking for companies that can have national or worldwide reach. Specifically, they don’t fund biotechnology companies, restaurants, consultancies, or other local service-oriented companies.
Why does Techstars want stock in my new company?
Like you, they’re entrepreneurs. Techstars think that the value of the learning, networking, and mentoring provided by the program is of tremendous value.
The Techstars program will provide you with the healthiest possible start and greatly improve your chances for success and sustainability.
Once they invest, they’re motivated to help you succeed by introducing you to people who can help, assisting you with strategy, finding more investors, and generally helping you win all along your entrepreneurial journey.
Home to tech industry leaders
Seattle is home to tech industry leaders Amazon and Microsoft, enterprise SaaS innovators Concur and Tableau, and top retail brands including Starbucks, Costco, Nordstrom and REI.
The University of Washington is also a global magnet for talent, and Silicon Valley investors and tech leaders like Google, Facebook, Alibaba and Baidu rely on Seattle’s deep well of technical talent.
Interested in applying for the Techstars Seattle Accelerator Program 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.