Dates: January 23-25, 2016 | Register here
Apply for European Young Innovator of 2016 Award here
Deadline: December 31, 2016
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prices: starting from EUR 15,-
Location: Brussels, Belgium
It all started 5 years ago with one objective: to do something Unconventional in a city where many people think it’s all about men and women in grey suits.
So the European Young Innovators Forum decided to hold the Unconvention, a tech, business and policy event all in one, bringing together our entire community of young people in Europe online and offline to think, do and change the way we understand innovation and entrepreneurship.
Join Unconvention on the 23-25th of January 2017 and meet together with young Europeans with innovative ideas from major European Innovation hubs and those who can support them #GrowGlobal: successful entrepreneurs, investors, academics, experts, top EU leaders, top policy-makers and corporate executive.
The Unconvention 2017 is the 5th edition with a focus on #GrowGlobal with related topics about Smart Cities, Artificial Intelligence, 4th Industrial Revolution, post-Brexit World, Living in an Autonomous Machines World followed by a Drone and VR demonstration and the first European Drones Awards.
Unconvention in a nutshell
Mentoring and access to funding sessions, workshops, pitching competition and forums, policy sessions, open discussions with key players in the EU entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Unconvention in key figures and facts:
- More than 2000 participants in 4 years
- More than 300 startups in previous editions
- Over 20 million people reached online
- Connecting and federating 17 innovation hubs across Europe
- Secured €2,5M+ in equity EU funding for startups in 9 countries through the SME Instrument
European Young Innovator of 2016 Award
The InnoPitch Competition for the European Young Innovator of 2016 will run from the 1st September to 31st December 2016. If you want to apply, submit a video of maximum three minutes explaining how your project answers to as many questions listed below as possible, together with the pitch presentation you would like to present in front of the jury.
Make sure your PowerPoint Presentation does not exceed 10 minutes where you convince the jury of your idea (normally no more than 10 content slides). During the pitch, your microphone will be cut off after 10 minutes. Your presentation will be followed by a 5 minutes session of questions and answers.
The 12 finalists and 6 winners will be announced in the first week of January 2017. Pitch rendezvous is the EYIF Unconvention on the 23 January 2017. If your pitch is selected as one of the 6 Best pitchers competing for the award, you will be allowed to update the pitch presentation submitted as part of this stage of InnoPitch, before you actually pitch it live to the jury.
To be eligible to enter InnoPitch 2016 you must be:
- EITHER an Early-stage Entrepreneur, i.e. those who have set-up their own company / organisation within the period of the last 18 months (maximum)
- OR an intrapreneur, or student (current or recently graduated) with a demonstrable real idea
- AND a resident of the European Union
- AND under 35 years of age prior to 31st December 2016
- Present their ideas to Europe’s political and business leaders
- Showcase their ideas to all the Unconvention audience who number more than 400 hand-picked physical participants and in excess of 550,000 unique online participants across Europe and the USA
- Receive in-depth feedback and advice from Europe’s leading seed and venture capital investors and experts
- Paid accommodation in Brussels for the duration of the Unconvention for up to two co-founders / team members and covering travel expenses
- Two FREE VIP Unconvention passes
- FREE promotion on EYIF website, social media and email newsletters for up to three months after the InnoPitch
- Get invited to the next EYIF’s InnoTour US, a tour across the US innovation centres in Summer 2017, the exact date to be determined. The participants will be offered accommodation and domestic flights during the entire tour. The participant is responsible for their travel into the US.
- InnoPitch 2016 takes the top 12 finalists and puts them through an intense mentoring workshop with the Europe’s top mentors and investors.