Deadline: March 17, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Current university student
Scholarship prize: Summer School Scholarship
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
The Summer School programme at the University of Edinburgh provides innovative and inspiring education throughout the summer months to students from around the world. Their programme is designed to combine top-class teaching with an exciting programme – world-leading experts educating the pioneers of tomorrow, allowing the students to benefit even more from studying at the University of Edinburgh. The winner of this challenge will get a summer school scholarship at the University of Edinburgh Summer School.
Summer of opportunities in Edinburgh
A summer in Edinburgh isn’t just about your studies, It is about being inspired, challenged and growing as a person. A summer in Edinburgh means you’ll enjoy the city at the heart of its arts calendar. You will be surrounded by a wealth of opportunity, the chance to absorb new influences, meet like-minded people from around the world and immerse yourself in the creative nature of the city. Apply for the Edinburgh summer schools scholarship to explore the culture, arts and much more. New places, people, food, music, adventures and fantastic sights – you’ll be talking about the experience you had for the rest of your life. Explore our range of summer courses all over the world.
- Full tuition fee for any course listed here that takes place in Edinburgh and runs for 4 weeks or less.
- No prize alternatives or cash equivalents are offered
- Prizes are non-transferable
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize
- Are a current university student – either undergraduate or postgraduate
- Have met our minimum English language requirements if English is not your first language
- Winners must abide by the application requirements of the host organization
- All users must provide submissions that the user has created him/herself
- All users must provide personal information that is truthful and accurate
- Sqore reserves the right to exclude users at its sole discretion
- By participating in this opportunity, you adhere to the Sqore.com Terms and Conditions.
Available summer courses
- Architecture & Urban Design 1 (non-credit bearing)
- Architecture & Urban Design 2
- Developing Illustration Practice
- Investment, Security and Psychology of Finance
- Business Communication and Social Media (non-credit bearing)
- Global Issues of Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance
- Public Sector Economics
- Alternative Approaches to Macroeconomics
- Security & Development in Africa
- Exploring personal and collective stories through enactment
- The Power of Myth: The Hero’s Journey in the Transformation of Self and the World
- Arabic for Beginners
- Hebrew for Arabic Speakers
- Book History for Beginners
- Edinburgh: City of Literature
- Film Studies & the Edinburgh International Film Festival
- Introduction to Sociology (non-credit bearing)
- Filmosophy: Film and Philosophy
- The Scottish Enlightenment in Context
- Culture and Society in the Scottish Enlightenment (non-credit bearing)
- Introduction to Learning for Sustainability
- Learning across the curriculum: On foot through Edinburgh
- New Directions in Second Language Teaching
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic module overall 6.5 with 5.5 in each component
- IGCSE English (First language) Grade C
- Cambridge CAE Grade A
- Cambridge CPE Grade C
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) total 61 with at least 51 in each ‘communicative skills’ section
- TOEFL-iBT 92 or above with 20 in each section*
*ETS TOEIC and TOEFL English language tests will be accepted for admission to the University of Edinburgh as evidence of English language competency. However, please note that ETS – who provide TOEIC and TOEFL tests for English language assessment – are no longer registered on the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list maintained by the UK Home Office.
To take part in The University of Edinburgh Summer School Challenge, please follow the application link and create a profile. In the Application Form on the first page, you will be asked to state which summer course you are interested in.
The first step is to take The University of Edinburgh Summer School Challenge, which consists out of 8 questions with 4 minutes time limit. The next step is to take the English Language Challenge which consists of 10 questions with 4 minutes of time limit. Next, you will need to take The University of Edinburgh Summer School Case Challenge which is in a form of an essay, with no time limit. And the final step is to fill in the Application form.
- Questions are all multiple choice with one correct answer only
- Each question has its own time limit
- When the time us up, you will automatically be forward to the next question
- You can only take this quiz once.
This opportunity is powered by Sqore.