Deadline: May 17, 2019 00:00 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a business or marketing degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Location: Greensboro, the United States
Volvo Business Development Analyst Internship 2019
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study.
The purpose of this position is to support the Sales Development department with research of the dealer sales planning process and analysis of the dealer truck market as well as the factors that influence it, including, but not limited to, competition, customers, and economic trends in order to support strategic decisions.
Analysis will include compiling, organizing and summarizing information that is currently available within the company, as well as collaborating on research.
Volvo is seeking a student interested in data analysis. The intern will work directly with field sales staff and dealership personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in competitive/customer research projects
- Support data analysis and communication of results
- Gather information on ways to develop and implement a more robust dealer sales planning process and tool
- Gather information on ways to develop and implement a more robust Sales Efficiency Measurement process and way of reporting
- Research and understand large truck markets where Mack is underperforming, building knowledge of leading indicators/drivers at the dealer level
- Ad hoc projects
Essential skills and required experience
- Background in applying quantitative techniques such as statistics, machine learning, data mining, visual analytics, text analytics
- Ability to analyse and summarize information, identifying patterns/trends and significance
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual and innovative thinking in forecasting methods and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and survey software
Interested in applying for the Volvo Business Development Analyst Intership 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.