Deadline: December 18, 2017 10:00 CET
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligiblity: Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model, be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2018
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding supports collaboration that transcends borders: between young entrepreneurs, executives and decision makers from around the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
- Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
Application process overview
- Online application (Deadline: 18 December 2017, 10 AM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (10 January 2018)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (11 January – 9 February 2018)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (14 February 2018)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (15 February 2018)
For more opportunities, check our opportunities sections and subscribe to our weekly newsletters.