Deadline: for winter internship October 31, 2016 | Apply here
for summer internship application period is December 1 – January 31, 2017
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program
Duration: a minimum of 4 weeks
Location: Washington, The United States and other
World Bank Group Internships
The World Bank Group internships offer highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity).
Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their Ph.D. programs.
This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields:
- human development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
- social science (anthropology, sociology)
- private sector development, as well as other related fields
Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses.
Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
The World Bank Group Internships are open for applications during the following periods:
- Summer Internship (June–September)
The application period for the Summer Internship is December 1–January 31 each year.
- Winter Internship (December–March)
The application period for the Winter Internship is October 1–31. All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience:
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- Please make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Please complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid the system timeout.
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please do not enter any special characters (â-<>&#â etc.) in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Words.
Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf. Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â etc. PDF files are the best files to upload. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.