Deadline: May 2, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: International non-UK/EU students
Duration: One year
Scholarship type: Postgraduate taught
Amount: 50% off international student tuition fee
Location: Sussex Schools, Brighton, United Kingdom
25 Chancellor international scholarships 2016 are available in the majority of Sussex Schools, and are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential. The scholarships are offered for one year.
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961.
The Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study on a full time Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding the following degrees:
- Courses in the Institute of Development Studies, except the MA in Gender and Development
- MSc in Social Research Methods + DPhil combined (1+3 degrees)
- International foundation years, postgraduate certificate, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters.
- Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges that are validated by Sussex
- MSc Automative Engineering (you shoudl consult funding opportunities at the University of Brighton)
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Education
- Courses within the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Be assessed as liable to pay fees at the “overseas” (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after taking account of the possible award of The Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- Intend to remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
- Students who hold other will not be eligible for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
To apply for The Chancellor’s International scholarship 2016 you must first have submitted your application to study through the University of Sussex online postgraduate application system. The application form can be downloaded from the “Files” Section on the right hand side of this page, above the countries list. The closing date for applications to be received is 2 May 2016 23:59:00 BST. Applications received after 2 May 2016 will not be considered. When completed, you should return the form by email to email@example.com
2 May: Deadline for all applications to be received
By 31 May: Notification to first choice and short-listed candidates
After 3 July: Notification to successful short-listed candidates if first choice candidates do not take up the scholarship.
Students accepting The Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2016 may be required to undertake occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex at times agreed between the student and the University. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and potential.