Last year we created the list of the best finance events in Europe in 2016, this year we tried to compile an even more comprehensive calendar of finance events in Europe just for you.
Since the finance industry is constantly changing, it is becoming more and more difficult to keep up with the newest trends and insights. Luckily for you, you can now find all finance events in Europe in 2017 in one place: in this article!
If you are fascinated by the world of finance and you are eager to learn all about the latest trends in the field of finance, FinTech, banking and economics, then mark your calendars.
Because the year 2017 has so many opportunities in store for you, from conferences, summits, forums to award ceremonies. This finance events list features over 50 events and conferences happening in Europe in 2017.
Feel free to bookmark this article as we will keep the list fresh by adding more finance events throughout the year. Enjoy!
Best finance events in Europe in 2017
Finance events in January 2017
- European Winter Finance Conference 2017, January 15-18, Megève, France | The EWFC is an annual conference that was started in 2006. It is a small, informal conference that brings together researchers from Europe, the USA and elsewhere and offers excellent opportunities for in-depth discussion of a small number of papers. Since its debut in 2006 many outstanding papers in finance have been presented at the EWFC. Past programs are available below. The European Winter Finance Conference 2017 will be the eleventh-anniversary meeting.
- WHU New Year’s Conference, January 18-19, Vallendar, Germany | At the WHU New Year’s Conference you will have the opportunity to interact with our sponsors in a personal environment. Don’t miss your chance to get in touch with representatives in order to secure a job offer, internship or merely enjoy an inspiring conversation.
- London Blockchain Week, January 20-26, London, The United Kingdom | Each year, the Blockchain Conference has grown significantly. In 2017, they are expecting between 700-1000 participants throughout London Blockchain Week. Their audience is a mix of the Fintech ecosystem that specializes in Blockchain & DLT. Their aim is to consistently attract a senior audience from enterprise, start-ups, VC firms, media, government and academia.
- 6th Annual Conference of P.R.I.M.E. Finance, January 23-24, The Hague, the Netherlands | The Conference will feature the most distinguished practitioners, academics, judges and legislators, who influence day-to-day functioning of the international financial markets. Moreover, many of our 100+ strong Panel of Experts in finance and dispute settlement will be present. The Panel includes some of the most senior people in the financial markets and arbitration, from all parts of the globe, with collectively more than 3,000 years of experience.
- Bank@Risk 2017, January 25-26, Frankfurt am Main, Germany | Hear from the ECB, the EBA and the NCAs about the present and future regulatory drivers (BCBS 239, IFRS 9, SSM, MiFid, Basel III); Learn how to integrate finance and risk through Cases studies provided by CROs, CFOs and CDOs from G-SIBs; Previous year case studies were provided by: Royal Bank of Scotland – Citi Group – Santander – Groupe BPCE UniCredit Group – Nordea Bank – and many more; Gain Insights about the future of Risk Management and Discuss whether Brexit is going to impact international banking, identify the areas for consideration and learn how to adapt quickly.
- EconWorld2017, January 25-27, Rome, Italy | World Economic Research Institute (WERI), the Socio-Economic Research Institute of Piemonte (IRES) and Faculty of Economics of Ostrava Technical University are jointly organizing the fifth International Conference in Economics to be held in Rome, Italy on 25-27 January 2017. The Conference program includes plenary sessions, panels, and presentations of contributed papers. The conference is open to all line of theoretical and empirical research in economics, finance and entrepreneurship. The conference aims at bringing together scholars from all over the World for an exchange of ideas, discussion of recent results within theoretical and applied research, and creating a research network for future joint collaborations.
- Bett, January 25-28, London, The United Kingdom | Bett is a 4 day event being held from 25th January to the 28th January 2017 at the ExCeL Exhibition Centre in London, United Kingdom. This event participants like International Education Councils, Education NGOs, Universities, IT Training Providers, Colleges, Vocational Education Institutes, Schools, Professional Educational Institute, Business Schools, Students Finance Services, Executive and Entrepreneurial Education Institutes, E- learning and Distance Learning Specialists, Recruitment Consultants, Visa Information Services etc. in the Banking, Insurance & Finance industry.
- Finance and Investment Forum London FIF 2017, January 26, London, The United Kingdom | 10th anniversary forum for finance and investment in the data center, hosting, colocation and cloud sector, the annual marketplace for the leadership of publicly quoted and private data center, hosting and cloud businesses to network and engage with users, investors, financiers and industry partners, transacting companies, professional intermediaries, real estate brokerages, and legal counsel.
- The 6th Euroacademia International Conference: Re-Inventing Eastern Europe, January 27-28, Belgrade, Serbia | The Re-Inventing Eastern Europe, organized by the Euroacademia will take place from 27th January to 28th January 2017 at the Moskva Hotel in Belgrade, Serbia. The conference will cover areas like discuss and debate the multiple dimensions in which specific narratives of alterity making towards Eastern Europe preserve their salience today in re-furbished and re-fashioned manners.
- Jobcon Finance Frankfurt, January 31, Frankfurt, Germany | Jobcon Finance Frankfurt is considered to be one of the most rewarding and beneficial events for all the students and young professionals looking for a prosperous career in finance in various well-known companies. Though it will be only held for day, this event will include everything from online applications to online interviews and career conversations with experts from the field. It will also constitute 30-minute presentation by the participating companies, which will truly be beneficial for all the visitors. Jobcon Finance Frankfurt will be held in Frankfurt and will aim at providing the recruiters and the job seekers with a platform to meet and interact amongst themselves.
Finance events in February 2017
- SME Banking Summit 2017, February 13-14, Rome, Italy | The effective management of lending to SMEs can contribute significantly to the overall growth and profitability of banks. There has been considerable research and analysis into the methods by which banks assess and monitor business loans, manage business financing risks, and price their products – and how these methods might be further developed and improved.
- Future of Finance, February 14-16, London, United Kingdom | The leading Finance Transformation & Excellence Summit for accelerating and improving GBS, Shared Services & BPO. Push the boundaries with trailblazing case studies from heads of finance & GPO’s that will give you the strategic & operational needs crucial to your business. Don’t miss this opportunity to discuss and benchmark cutting-edge approaches with the finance leaders as you embark on the next steps of your finance journey.
- Big Data Analytics for Insurance Conference, February 14-15, London, United Kingdom | By bringing together industry thought leaders from across Europe, attending Big Data Ananlytics for Insurance will teach you how to leverage your data to drive business innovation, improve efficiency and meet customer expectations. as well as…Leverage tools and techniques to redefine your existing analytics strategy; Find new ways of collecting insight from different types of customers and internal departments; Further your understanding on how to prioritize analytics projects that deliver the fastest ROI for your business.
- Digital Integration in Wealth Management conference, February 15-16, London, United Kingdom | The conference aims to provide an interactive platform for you to discuss how you can create a practical roadmap towards digital integration in order to remain competitive and future-proof your services. Delegates will debate, investigate and share best practices on topics such as the impact of robo-advice, millennials and other disruptors, how to create omnichannel client journeys and achieving successful integration in-house and with technology partners. At this unique two-day event, delegates can avail of unique networking opportunities with industry peers and cutting-edge technology providers, an interactive program and thought-provoking presentations delivered by thought-leaders in wealth management.
- Chief Data Officer Europe, February 20-23, London, United Kingdom | The Chief Data Officer (CDO) has emerged as one of the most valuable emerging C-Suite positions in today’s turbulent business environments. A champion, who has grappled with the strategic advantage that comes with leveraging data as a core strategic asset. Naturally, the role’s rise to prominence has mirrored the growing abundance and diversity of vast data sources now available to many of today’s organizations. However, this transition has not come without its challenges with Gartner stating that only 50% of Chief Data Officer’s will be hailed a success. The CDO Forum, Europe returns to enable the CDO community to establish the best practices in consolidating the evolving data-leadership roadmap and empower data executives in their journey of transformation.
- Operational Excellence 2017, February 22-24, Barcelona, Spain | Including a Networking Dinner (Optional) in Barcelona to continue your networking activity in an informal environment. You will learn about: Rediscovering the Human Factor, Digital Operational Excellence, The Future of Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma.
- Innovation Excellence 2017, February 22-24, Barcelona, Spain | Including a Networking Dinner (Optional) in Barcelona to continue your networking activity in an informal environment. You will learn about: Using Outside Innovation as a model for product development, Managing customer centricity, The Insights of collaborative innovation, R&D in innovation, Organizational Processes supporting innovation, Implementing innovation as a fundamental business value, Approaches to new concept development and Finding the right approach in partnership lead research.
Finance events in March 2017
- Bonds, Loans & Derivatives Russia & CIS 2017, March 1, Moscow, Russia | Bonds, Loans & Derivatives Russia & CIS has become the must-attend event for anyone operating in the region’s capital markets. Network with the industry’s leading decision-makers, Hear first-hand about the Government’s plans to support Russia’s economy in 2017, Identify alternative sources of funding and manage risk, Learn how to structure a deal to attract sponsorship from international investors, Make the connections you need to do business in 2017, Take advantage of the private meeting spaces and business lounges and Arrange meetings in advance of the conference and stay in contact with the other attendees up to a year afterwards.
- IFZ FinTech Conference, March 1, Lucerne, Switzerland | FinTech is an innovative solution to the problems of the financial industry and records high growth rates. In addition to presenting the results of the IFZ FinTech study give high-profile speakers provide information on developments in the FinTech area.
- International Fund Management 2017, March 8-9, London, United Kingdom | The International Fund Management 2017 Summit looks to bring together over 300 asset and fund management professionals over two days to provide a platform for networking, interaction, idea sharing, insights, and thought leadership. The multi-stream function allows attendees to tailor their event by freely moving between sessions on regulatory changes, liquidity risk measurement & management, product innovation and client solutions.
- Mediterranean Finance Conference, March 11-12, Paris, France | This international conference includes plenary sessions and parallel sessions.
- Munich BlockShow 2017, March TBA, Munich, Germany | Munich BlockShow 2017 is a major informational and networking platform for showcasing real case Blockchain solutions that are about to disrupt the world markets at this very moment. If you strive for gaining greater insight into the current state of the Blockchain, avail yourself of the opportunity to meet the key Blockchain persons and value generators.
- Finance 2.0, March 14, Zurich, Switzerland | Building the digital future. The first and leading Finance 2.0 & FinTech conference in Switzerland. All about the future of digital banking.
- 3rd Annual New Generation Operational Risk 2017, March 14-15, London, United Kingdom | New Generation Operational Risk: Europe 2017. Aligning Operational Risk Frameworks and Controls for a Broader View of the Risk as a Function and Using to Drive Business Decisions.
- FINTECH:CODE 2017, March 16-17, London, United Kingdom | With what their exclusive team offers, make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to bring one of your team members to the FinTech:CODE this March and stay ahead of your competition.
- Global Mining Finance Spring Conference 2017, March 22, London, United Kingdom | The Global Mining Finance Spring Conference 2017 will bring miners and financiers together in the heart of the City of London, to look at the hottest regions for mining and the hottest commodities for investment.
- Responsible Finance Conference 2017, March 28-29, Cardiff, United Kingdom | The Responsible Finance Conference 2017 will provide the banking, alternative finance and community sectors with an opportunity to explore emerging trends and develop strategies that allow fair and affordable finance for people, businesses, and communities. The event will feature the Citi Microentrepreneurship Awards, which showcases categories of successful lending and celebrates the economic and social impact responsible finance providers have contributed to over the last year.
- WHU Campus for Finance: Private Equity Conference 2017, March 30-31, Vallendar, Germany| Does Private Equity, Venture Capital, and Consulting fascinate you? Exciting workshops, networking events, and mesmerizing speeches ensure you will gain unique practical insights and establish influential relationships with a diverse number of individuals. Exciting workshops, networking events, and mesmerizing speeches ensure you will gain unique practical insights and establish influential relationships with a diverse number of individuals.
Finance events in April 2017
- JAX Finance, April 3-6, London, United Kingdom | JAX Finance is a three-day conference for software experts focusing on the specific technological needs of the financial industry. Topics such as low latency, messaging, exchange architecture, as well as core Java technologies and continuous delivery are at the heart of this conference. Additionally, this year, they will introduce a FinTech-dedicated track underlining their mission to deliver cutting-edge innovation.
- #execfintech, April 5-6, Berlin, Germany| Their mission is to unite Europe’s finance industry. The #execfintech conference connects selected senior Corporate Executives, successful Startup Founders and active Investors. #execfintech’s unique concept is specifically tailored to the needs of executives. The conference’s program features more than 40 high-class speakers; sharing insights in high-quality talks and panel discussions. Throughout the day #execfintech offers a vast variety of open networking as well as individual matchmaking opportunities.
- 2nd Annual Banking Transformation & Innovation Summit, April 6-7, Vienna, Austria | As more and more Millennial generation join the workforce and customer experience, digital technologies and innovation will continue to take a greater role in the way that banks function. As a result, banks have to look at technology, product and changes in customer behavior through a prism of being more mobile, more social, more analytical and taking a more diversified view on customer expectation. This 2-day C-Parity event will address the key issues of banking transformation and innovation by bringing on board expert speakers from the industry to address and provide updated information and solutions to the challenges facing the industry. Through case study presentations and panel discussions the event would equally equip attendees with the appropriate strategies to perform proactively in order to stay on top of their business.
- Innovate Finance Global Summit 2017, April 10-11, London, the United Kingdom| The Innovate Finance Global Summit 2016 will champion and celebrate the latest developments in FinTech at the historical heart of financial services: London. Meet the leading lights of FinTech and be at the center of the debate.
- Operational Challenges for GDPR Implementation in Banks, April 20-21, Frankfurt, Germany | In an endeavor to improve the protection of consumer data, the EU is passing a new regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR will fundamentally change the way banks capture, manage and store information and in order to comply banks may need to completely overhaul legacy systems and current practices. Banks especially will need to take this regulation seriously considering they will be the first to be penalized for non-compliance and considering fines will be up to 2% of global turnover they will want to leave no margin for error. This marcus evans event will consider how banks can overcome the operational challenges of complying with the GDPR, in particular challenges presented by legacy systems and the top three legislative changes. The conference will also cover the impact of cross-jurisdictions and Brexit on GDPR, in particular exploring how those outside the EU will either have to comply or face a barrier in terms of sharing data.
- Dutch FinTech Awards and Conference, April 21, Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Tens of thousands of finance jobs are vanishing. Google, Apple, Facebook and countless FinTech startups are disrupting the financial sector. Innovative companies are eager to please millions of frustrated banking customers. Investors are fascinated by the phenomenal profits made by banks struggling with outdated technology. Today, more and more money is being invested in FinTech. The Uber of the banking sector has not yet emerged, but this is only a matter of time. Stay ahead of the game and witness the future of finance.
- 6th Annual Risk EMEA 2017, April 26-27, London, United Kingdom | Emea’s premier banking risk & regulations Summit.
Finance events in May 2017
- Banks Symposium Wachau – BSW 2017, May 4, Krems, Austria | 2017 is dedicated to the banks Symposium Wachau the mega-trend the digital transformation in the banking sector. Take the opportunity to share knowledge with renowned experts from banks, consulting, science and Fintech industry. Customer Experience – Open Innovation – Data Driven Business: What the customer really wants and how to recognize it.
- IFINTEC Finance Technologies Conference and Exhibition 2017, May 9-10, İstanbul, Turkey | IFINTEC is one of the biggest and most important conferences in EMEA region on banking solutions and finance technology. IFINTEC Conference serves a perfect platform to introduce and demonstrate banking solutions and finance technology solutions including system, hardware, software, consultancy, training and service which are developed for banks and financial institutions.
- Self-Service Banking Europe 2017, May 23-24, London, United Kingdom| Self-Service Banking Europe 2017 (formerly ‘European ATMs’) is the region’s premier ATM conference, bringing together 600 banks, independent deployers, hardware vendors, software suppliers, network and service providers at one event. Self-Service Banking Europe 2017 offers you the chance to network and engage with 600 bankers, partners and industry experts. It is the ideal forum to showcase your latest solutions, to discuss hot topics and exchange ideas and perspectives in a friendly and professional environment.
Finance events in June 2017
- The Debt Finance 2017 Conference, June 5, London, United Kingdom | Recent Deals and The Latest Developments & Trends.
- MoneyConf 2016, June 6-7, Madrid, Spain| Returning to Madrid in 2017, MoneyConf is an invite-only event focused on the future of finance. It comes to you from the people behind Web Summit, the world’s fastest growing technology event. In 2017, they will be bringing together over 2,000 decision makers from across the industry spectrum, including over 100 exhibiting startups looking to transform the industry. Amid unparalleled networking opportunities, attendees will have access to almost 30 hours of content across two days. Expect to hear inspirational keynotes, insightful fireside chats and thought-provoking panel discussions from key players redefining financial services as we know it.
- Harnessing Fintech Innovation in Retail Banking 2017, June 7-8, London, United Kingdom | The Harnessing Fintech Innovation in Retail Banking conference provides the perfect platform for retail banks from across Europe to discuss and compare strategies to drive forward the use of FinTech within retail banking. This is the only event to put retail banks at the center of the FinTech discussion. We look forward to providing a platform for retail banks to determine the right path to embrace FinTech rather than compete with it.
- Phoenix – 2017 FinTech Conference for CEE, JuneTBA, Prague, Czech Republic| Phoenix Conference is an exclusive platform for innovators in Financial Services across the CEE region. The event brings together representatives from the banking world, investment firms, and FinTech startups and aims to build grounds for establishing symbiotic relationships, co-existence and enriching each others growth.
- ATM & Cash Innovation Europe 2017 , June 13-14, London, the United Kingdom | The newly-renamed flagship European event – ‘ATM & Cash Innovation Europe 2017’ – will build on its long-established success and bring together retail banks, independent ATM deployers, network processors, vendors, cash management and service providers at one event. This event, jointly managed by ATMIA and Reconnaissance, will also reflect the evolution of the market, the emergence of new technologies and the importance now attached to generating efficiencies in the entire cash cycle, for both notes and coins, of which ATMs can be a key part.
- Money20/20 Europe, June 26-28, Copenhagen, Denmark | The World’s Largest FinTech Event has landed in Europe. From their deep roots in FinTech innovation, and with successful exits to Google and TSYS, the Founders of Money20/20 are creating an entirely fresh experience for leading innovators in Europe and the US. The Payments, Financial Services, and Retail sectors are currently experiencing an accelerated period of product development. In this new emerging reality, characterized by technology and regulatory based disruption, collaboration is the key to survival.
Finance events in July 2017
- London Fintech Week 2017, July 7-14, London, United Kingdom | Fintech Week is a series of conferences, workshops, hackathons, meetups and parties. Each day we focus on a different topic. We always ensure that there is plenty of time for networking and meeting other innovators. The main conference/exhibition takes place at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, but other events take place across the City of London, Canary Wharf and “Tech City.”
Finance events in August 2017 – TBA
Finance events in September 2017
- CFO Rising Europe Summit, September 13-14, London, the United Kingdom |The role of the CFO has evolved significantly, as CFO’s are expected to own business information and make critical decisions on the outsourcing of back office functions and transformative projects. This summit is a must-attend for those looking to master these responsibilities, and deliver prosperity in today’s challenging economic climate.
Finance events in October 2017 – TBA
Finance events in November 2017
- EBINTEC Banking Technologies Conference & Exhibition 2017, November 7-8, Istanbul, Turkey | EBINTEC is a niche and dedicated conference focusing on banking technology and solutions. EBINTEC Conference presents a perfect platform for solution providers to introduce their solutions including platform, system, software, hardware, services and consultancy. EBINTEC is one of the most important conferences in EMEA region on banking technology and solutions. An intensive participation is expected to EBINTEC 2017 Conference from EMEA region and also from others parts of the world. We recommend you not to miss this great event.
- Hub Conference 2017, November TBA, Berlin, Germany| The hub conference brings disruptive trends, smart technologies, and their makers to Berlin. Global players and start-ups, CEOs and CIOs, science and politics networked and designed the digital future.
Finance events in December 2017
- instech20/20, December TBA, London, United Kingdom | instech20/20 is painstakingly designed to be THE meeting place for THE top insurance companies, as well as for a carefully selected group of proven Fintech innovators. Chief Operating Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Data Officers and Chief Technologists from the top 250 insurance and re-insurance companies form the advisory board and the panel of speakers and participants. Dozens of innovators will be joining the panels and debates, with some of the most senior C-level executives from the world’s largest insurance giants, as well as medium size underwriters, brokers and small companies, to explore the future impact of this technology on your business. In short, all of your competitors, partners and future employers will be at this event! instech20/20 serves as a content and meeting place for both top established insurance companies, FinTech innovators as well as investors.
- FinTech Connect Live, December TBA, London, United Kingdom | Combining the hustle and bustle of a genuine exhibition featuring over 100 start up and scale up FinTech providers, a keynote auditorium with inspirational case studies from around the world, a series of sub-sector oriented micro-conferences, educational workshops covering the practical challenges that face startup leaders, micros mentoring clinics, and an opportunity to meet the next breed of FinTech talent, FinTech Connect Live has all the attributes to make it the greatest FinTech show on earth!
- Impact’17, December TBA, Wroclaw, Poland | This is the most content driven FinTech congress in the Central Eastern Europe gathering the top industry innovators.
- The European Venture Summit, December TBA, Düsseldorf, Germany | The 11th edition of The European Venture Summit – Europe’s leading network and investment event for high-growth technological start-ups, venture capital investors and technological corporations. It offers an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses across borders and engage directly with Europe’s most active investors. The European Venture Summit will present 100+ innovative ICT, Life Sciences and Cleantech companies from all over Europe to an international audience of investors, key corporates and innovation experts.
- Asset Management 2.0, December TBA, London, United Kingdom | The asset and wealth management industry, despite still being very lucrative, is facing increasing difficulties in several key areas: regulation, demographics, and technology. The industry is under pressure to reduce costs, comply with increased regulation, communicate with an ever more digital savvy demographic and understand the changing market dynamic brought on by the FinTech and WealthTech evolution.
For more finance tips and opportunities, check our finance and opportunities sections and subscribe to our weekly newsletters.