Deadline: October 14, 2018 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: EdTech 2018 is open to entrepreneurs, startups, R&Ds, university students, and companies from around the world.
EdTech Innovation Start-up Contest 2018
Krypto Labs has set a global challenge to cast light on the importance of technology in the context of education with a focus on leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence to positively impact existing educational ecosystems.
Who should apply?
EdTech 2018 is open to entrepreneurs, startups, R&Ds, university students, and companies from around the world.
Applicants should offer an innovative, inventive, or disruptive product/service, which is original and has scalable commercial applications.
EdTech is interested in applications across different spheres including K-12, High-Ed, Vocational, Lifelong Learning, among others. Applications should impact direct or indirect learners.
EdTech 2018 Entrepreneur Hero (winner of the contest) will receive US$150,000. EdTech 2018 category star (winner of each of the 6 categories) will each receive US$20,000.
All 6 semifinalist will receive an opportunity to grow their business networks through Krypto Labs, increased visibility for their business and a round-trip flight for up to 2 team members from home country to Abu Dhabi.
- Curriculum Applications
- Universal Access to Classrooms
- Data Applications
- Lifelong Learning Applications
- Supplemental Applications
- Behavioural Analytics Applications
The project must be centred around education technology and must leverage the technology to meet the following:
- It must be categorised as part of the EdTech industry
- It must have Artificial Intelligence on the forefront or as part of the application
- Fall within on elf the listed categories
- It should impact learning or enable better management of the education process
- It can disrupt or supplement current education settings or ecosystems
- It must be for-profit
- It must have commercial applications
- It must be inventive, innovative or disruptive
- The business proposal must be original work and applicants must hold all applicable rights
- It must be submitted in English
- A team of up to three people, or the individual representing the idea or start-up, must be available to pitch the project in person on December 12, 2018 at Krypto Labs Abu Dhabi.
To enter, team-based start-ups, projects, or companies must select one person to submit the application and to serve as the team’s representative throughout the competition.
Interested in applying for the EdTech Innovation Start-up Contest 2018? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.