Deadline: October 12, 2018 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country; students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below); students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded;
Facebook Fellowship Program 2018
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study.
Facebook Fellowship award includes
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted
How to apply?
Applications must include:
- 250-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
Interested in applying for the Facebook Fellowship Program 2018? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.