Deadline: Ongoing | Apply here
Eligibility: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years work experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or planning (experience in technology or media is highly desirable)
Location: Menlo Park, the United States
Facebook Finance Summer Internship 2018
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through its family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether they’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Facebook global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade, its tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another.
With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a highly quantitative and data-driven Summer Associate.
This position may span a wide range of operational and analytical responsibilities.
These include market research, forecasting and analysis for revenue and business trends, and financial planning and analysis across our business operations.
The Facebook Finance Summer Internship is highly cross-functional, involving coordination across a number of groups within Facebook, including finance, sales, marketing, product, data analytics, and business intelligence.
Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of the internet/tech and media ecosystem, exceptional analytical skills, bias toward action, exceptional partnering and communication skills, and the know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
Your office will be located in Menlo Park, CA, and it is a full-time internship.
- Analyze current business performance and handle ad-hoc requests from business partners, including trends and growth factors
- Analyze large datasets, interpret trends, and identify actionable insights and opportunities.
- Own various financial and other types of reporting
Support financial planning, forecasting, and reporting efforts
- Work cross-functionally with other business groups and demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and decisions
- Help business partners gain key insights into spend with meaningful analyses
- Support headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Build thoughtful resource allocation analyses to drive better investment decisions
- Drive process improvements by partnering with up-stream process owners and enhance current tools/systems related to financial management
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years work experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or planning (experience in technology or media is highly desirable)
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail is a must
- Able to synthesize strategic insights and problem-solve individually or in a group setting understanding key financial drivers of the business
- Able to shift priorities quickly while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Passionate about Facebook
- Permanent U.S. work authorization, as company is unable to provide sponsorship