Deadline: April 16, 2017 | Apply here
Dates: July – December 2017
Eligibility: Candidates must have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of the program and the ability to perform in a high-pressure environment. The candidates must also be proficient in English (both written and spoken) and able to obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months; Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience and excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Location: Bangalore, India
IDEX Global Fellowship 2017
The IDEX Accelerator is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social intrapreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems.
These young professionals are given the opportunity to work alongside social entrepreneurs across India and gain hands-on experience addressing the needs of a growing enterprise while earning a Professional Certification in Social Enterprise.
IDEX mission is to create the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world. Social intrapreneurs are becoming key actors in the race towards a new kind of economy.
These changemakers are supporting and leading the development of scalable solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges – from health to education to environment. Contrary to social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs are innovating from within an existing enterprise or organization.
Why focus on social intrapreneurs?
Today, there are a lot of accelerator programs and boot camps available all across the world for social entrepreneurs. The ecosystem is practically booming with every type of course, workshop and mentorship program if you want to start your own social business.
The ecosystem is practically booming with every type of course, workshop and mentorship program if you want to start your own social business.
But what about the aspiring social intrapreneur who doesn’t necessarily want to be an entrepreneur but prefers to work for an existing social business?
That’s the sole reason why IDEX exists. They believe it’s about time for aspiring social intrapreneurs to get the training, support and experience they need. An experience that feels less like being lost at sea alone and more like a ‘scavenger hunt’ type adventure with new friends who are just as passionate, energetic, risk-taking and ready to push themselves outside of their comfort zone as you are.
The IDEX Fellowship is centered around hands-on experience, group and one-on-one mentoring from industry professionals who have years of experience, specialized training workshops, and a curated curriculum to help you get closer to the fulfilling career you desire. IDEX gets that your passion for helping change the world doesn’t begin and end with your education, past experiences and resume alone. It’s the confidence to stand out from the crowd by going down a new path, the excitement of knowing where you’re going, and the fortitude to start doing the work you’ve always dreamed.
The ideal candidates
- Are willing to embrace ambiguity head on, seek opportunities to learn and share your experiences with others.
- Have the willingness and ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments – this means you don’t complain if wifi goes down or power goes out for a few hours.
- Are seeking a self-directed fellowship experience where you are provided support and coaching but must also rely on your own creativity and grit to make the most out of your experience.
- Thrive in a start-up environment.
- Have had professional successes and failures that you’ve learned from and can apply to new situations.
- Have a passion for social enterprise and improving the quality of life for under-served or under-resourced communities.
- Have a strong desire to engage in an intense professional development experience- this means you love to learn through people, experiences and self-reflection.
- Are committed to making an equity investment of time, energy and capital into your own personal growth and professional development.
- Have patience, empathy and a sense of humor because laughter makes everything better.