Dates: July 16-21, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: All nationalities are welcome to apply.
Conference fee: USD 1650,-
Location: Prague, Czechia
International Youth Leadership Conference Prague 2017
IYLC offers the experience of a lifetime. Candidates from around the world meet to sharpen their leadership skills to tackle global issues.
An ideal opportunity for political or business inclined people who wish to face challenges that will push their abilities to the next level.
For over 14 years IYLC aims to sharpen the skills of the best and brightest to give them the chance to shine on the international stage. Have your business, university or organization represented amongst the world’s future leaders.
Through workshops, debates, cultural events and various other activities your leadership capabilities will be put to the test at IYLC!
The goal is to push participants who show potential to better themselves in various fields, particularly in politics and business.
In addition to this, they wish to assert the participants in their role in the world, to show them how interconnected they can become. Each community faces their own issues but they do not have to face these alone.
IYLC seeks to interconnect youth from around the world to gain a global perspective in order to overcome these challenges.
IYLC would not exist without the involvement of local communities around the world, they aim to assist these communities in any way they can.
Whether that be through giving them a wider representation or assisting various community development members. When you join IYLC you join a truly global network.
Join students from around the world for the experience of a lifetime!
The week-long youth forum on world politics, international relations, and justice will give you an opportunity to test your leadership skills, debate current issues, deliver speeches, draft resolutions, make executive decisions, and realize through experience the complexities of international relations.
The main objective of the International Youth Leadership Conference is to facilitate an exchange of ideas across an ethnically diverse and socially responsible group of young international leaders.
Their interaction provokes communication and dialogue that, throughout the week, provides an unparalleled learning experience and cross-cultural adventure.
IYLC places a strong emphasis on advancing generic skills in 6 main categories:
- Personal Development
- Group Effectiveness
- Personal Qualities
Dialogue. Diversity. Cooperation.
The next International Youth Leadership Conference will welcome over 120 students from more than 35 different countries for an open-minded exchange of diverse perspectives on contemporary global challenges. This week-long forum on world politics, international
This week-long forum on world politics, international relations, and justice will bring together prominent university students from across the globe for an open-minded exchange of ideas concerning the future of world leadership.
The objective of the IYLC is to facilitate dialogue and cooperation across an ethnically diverse and socially responsible group of young international leaders.
The conference is designed to encourage social interaction and networking in a cross-cultural learning environment by means of the following interrelated activities:
- A United Nations Security Council emergency meeting simulation
- A mock International Criminal Court pre-tria
- A model European Parliament proceeding
- Visits to Foreign Embassies, Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic other governmental and non-governmental orgnisations
- Group Debates and Panel Discussions on international security, envrionmental sustainability, rule of law, responsible leadership and mass media
- Networking Events and Banquet Dinners with leading experts, diplomats, politicians and businessmen
The IYLC works on three key levels:
- Interpersonal Dynamics of the group developing a group identity, learning to work with a diverse and international group of people.
- Individual Development – challenging ideas, pervious conceptions, engaging with the realities of others, developing skills of leadership, communication, expression of arguments, cultural intelligence.
- Intellectual Development – a pre-requisite of being able to work in the simulations is being able to hold an unwavering understanding of the workings and aims of these organisations. The simulation aims to add to that knowledge and test it in various situations whilst developing key transferable leadership skills.
For the purposes of group cohesion, each applicant will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Educational level and area of study.
- Command of English – You do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the IYLC is conducted in English.
- Age – If you are older than 26, please consider attending as an observer.
- The quality of short essay or professor recommendation.
ILC is are searching for outstanding students who demonstrate the commitment to academic excellence, professional development, and community involvement.
By nominating your student, you can decrease his/her Conference fee by 10% (uncombinable with the other discounts and Scholarships we offer). Students of the partner universities are also eligible for special discounts. Nominate here.