Deadline: November 20, 2017 | Register here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility:the competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students
Prizes: an invitation to an idea incubator next., and to CAMP BECKENBAUER Global Summit
franz. student competition 2016
franz. is the very first international student competition in sports, where you, undergraduate and graduate students, have direct access to the world’s preeminent sports institutions.
Its aim is not to produce concepts and slides that will disappear into a drawer once the competition is over. They want you, top students from leading schools around the world, to bring fresh ideas that will be taken up by CAMP BECKENBAUER and its partners.
Your ideas will shape the future of sports. Join franz. and grasp this opportunity to discuss your ideas with top decision-makers in sports!
franz. is named after Franz Beckenbauer and is a vital part of CAMP BECKENBAUER – a year-round project that focuses on the upcoming challenges in sports and associated areas in business, the media, and politics.
Overall, CAMP BECKENBAUER and its top-level partners aim to become the most authoritative institution in the world of sports, evoking new ways of thinking and achieving real impact. Developing such solutions with decision-makers in sports is not enough. They need fresh and provoking ideas from the young generation. They want you, the best brains from around the world.
Participating in franz. provides you with a host of opportunities
Travel to Germany
You and your team get the chance to travel to Germany in Spring 2017, to present your ideas and refine them with academic experts and leaders from sports business.
A jury composed of representatives of CAMP BECKENBAUER’s partners will provide detailed feedback to your concept.
You will also have the chance to meet fellow students from around the world who share your passion for sports and innovation.
Invitation to Next.
The three teams with the most promising ideas will get the chance to present their concepts at next., an idea incubator founded by CAMP BECKENBAUER. next. consists of a highly selected group of young thought leaders in sports and will take place the day following the franz. finals.
Invitation to next CAMP BECKENBAUER Global Summit
The winning team will present their concept at the CAMP BECKENBAUER Global Summit.
Your audience consists of top decision-makers from associations, major leagues, and clubs, CEOs from sports businesses and chief-editors from media, giving you the opportunity to engage in face-to-face discussions and to make new, interesting contacts with leaders in sports.
In 2015, top managers from Facebook, Amazon, Sony, Microsoft, Twitter as well as representatives from Real Madrid, FC Bayern Munich, Juventus F.C. and Milan A.C., amongst others, have been part of the Global Summit.
This year’s topic is:
How to win the Chinese customer for your favorite sport?
- Form a team to work on the idea. Each team must have a minimum of three members and a maximum of four members.
- Round one: Submit your team application online before 20 November 2016. Make sure to include CVs of all team members and a PowerPoint presentation of your team’s concept.
- Shortlist: By 24 November 2016, the best ideas will be selected. Concepts that are most creative, unconventional, and show a clear business impact will advance round two.
- Round two: Video. Teams will receive coaching on how to prepare the video. Videos must be submitted online before 18 December 2016.
- Selection of finalists. By 23 December 2016 up to ten teams will be invited to travel to Germany to present their final concepts. The franz. finals will take place in spring 2017. Travel and accommodation will be organized and covered.
- Invitation to CAMP BECKENBAUER. The winning team will travel to the CAMP BECKENBAUER Global Summit to present their concept in front of top decision makers from leading sports institutions, CEOs from sports businesses, and chief editors from media. The Global Summit will take place later in 2017.