Deadline: April 30, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Eligibility: SMEs, teams, organisations and researchers
LEDGER Open Call 2019
LEDGER, a European project financed by the European Commission, is looking for 32 human-centric innovators to develop Minimum Viable Products and Services, in order to achieve new models that preserve citizens’ digital sovereignty, where data is a common good owned by citizens and wealth created by data-driven platforms is equally distributed.
LEDGER is looking for SMEs, teams, organisations and researchers that want to shift data management, leveraging on decentralised algorithms based on blockchains, distributed ledger technology (DLT) and/or peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies to address Privacy-by-Design, reliability, trustworthiness and openness to build human centric solutions.
The 16 selected companies will go through a 9-month customised venture builder programme receiving up to €150K in funding, and the best 8 will be offered additional €50K and will get in a business focused programme of 3 months.
Who should apply?
In its first open call, the project will select 16 proposals in the verticals of:
- Public services
- Energy & sustainability
- Open innovation
Teams might be composed of either:
- minimum 1 and maximum 2 legal persons (SME, research organisations, foundations) with a multidisciplinary team composed by at least 3 profiles (humanistic/social/technical researcher, technological developer, business development/entrepreneur) or
- minimum 3 natural persons in a multidisciplinary team (at least a humanistic/social/technical researcher, technological developer and business development/ entrepreneur).
- The teams must consist of one legal entity or at least 3 natural persons legally established in an EU member state or in Associated Countries.
- Projects (Technology Transfer Experiments) have to be based in Research components, relevant for the topic of Privacy-by-Design, Distributed Data Governance and consisting in development, test and validation of technical and economic viability of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Service.
- The results of these bottom-up projects should be compliant with Open Licences (i.e. Open Hardware, Open Software and/or Creative Commons)
Interested in applying for the LEDGER Open Call 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.