Deadline: Ongoing | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Duration: 10-12 weeks during the summer 2016
Location: USA – Multiple Locations
L’Oréal Finance undergraduate Summer Internship
L’Oréal offers an unparalleled internship program for college juniors. All interns will be considered for L’Oréal’s full-time Finance Management Development Program upon graduation based on overall performance and contributions.
The L’Oréal Finance Summer Internship Program is primarily based in our New Jersey and New York City headquarters. It runs 10 – 12 weeks during the summer. You will:
- Play an integral role on the corporate finance team, assisting with day-to-day responsibilities
- Lead an individual project that will be presented to senior management
- Participate in networking events with senior management, learning and development series
A summer at L’Oréal is multi-faceted. You will have the opportunity to work independently, to partner with individuals in various functions and levels, and to gain knowledge of the L’Oréal financial planning and reporting systems. In addition to on the job training, you will be paired with a peer mentor who can help you further integrate within the company and fully understand the role of a financier at L’Oréal.
Examples of Roles
- Brand Finance: Brand or commercial profit and loss (P&L) management and analysis involving interaction with various functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Purchasing
- Corporate Finance: Overall L’Oréal USA financial consolidation, reporting, and analysis involving interaction with various US divisions and Paris headquarters
- Operations Finance: Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Corporate Operations rotation providing financial analysis, consolidation and strategic support for production and distribution in the U.S.
- Generate and analyze financial data using a variety of systems to recommend profitable business strategies for L’Oréal brands
- Monitor actual business results vs. budgets, trends and forecasts
- Evaluate the ROI of strategic business decisions to effectively manage brand P&L
- Provide financial support to Marketing, Sales, Operations, Manufacturing and other L’Oréal operating departments
- Overall, perform day-to-day tasks associated with finance, e.g. category analysis, process improvement, systems enhancement, and more
- Good academic standing, GPA 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Superior problem solving, decision making and project management skills
- Results oriented; creative; entrepreneurial; analytical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership through participation in extra-curricular activities
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship
- Ability to work in Berkeley Heights, NJ or New York, NY locations with flexibility to travel between both locations.