Deadline: December 7, 2018 00:00 (GMT-0700)| Apply here
Eligibility: The teams must have at least 2 members. At least 1 member has to be a full-time student studying in an accredited institution of higher studies anywhere in the world. The team must have an additional member who is from a different generation. There can be a total of 5 people. Only students are allowed to present at the Finals.
Prizes: $10,000, $5,000 and $2,000 will be given to the first, second and third place holders respectively
Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge 2018
The Stanford Center on Longevity invites university students from around the world to participate in its sixth annual Design Challenge.
This year’s contest challenges teams to create solutions for “Contributing at Every Age: Designing for Intergenerational Impact.”
The challenge will award cash prizes, sponsored travel, mentorship, and the opportunity to work with and present to leading companies and investors.
The challenge runs concurrent with the 2018-2019 academic year, with initial submissions due by December 7th, 2018 and finalists presenting at Stanford University in April, 2019.
Contributing at Every Age: Designing for Intergenerational Impact
To overcome stereotypes and biases, we need new ideas and tools that help generations engage with each other in productive ways.
For the first time, this year’s Challenge requires that the teams themselves be multi-generational, helping students to view other generations as contributors and equal team members.
Designers will work to create products, services, and programs that encourage people of all ages to come together.
The following awards are offered for winners and finalists:
- $10,000 (1st place)
- $5,000 (2nd place)
- $2,000 (3rd place)
- $1000 for prototyping and presentation development
- mentorship and personalized coaching from leading industry experts and researchers
- airfare and hotel reimbursement for 1 student from each team to attend the Finals at Stanford University to present their idea
- Encourage a new generation of students to become knowledgeable about issues associated with longevity and well being
- Create well-designed, practical solutions that promote lifelong healthy habits in all areas of well being
- Provide promising designers with a path to drive change in the world
Interested in applying for the Stanford Center on Longevity Design Challenge 2018? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.