Deadline: July 1, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Female students from developing countries expected to study human and health sciences
Location: Swansea University, United Kingdom
The 2016 Eira Francis Davies scholarship
The Eira Francis Davies scholarship offers to cover full tuition fees for female students from developing countries who wish to pursue their study in undergraduate and taught postgraduate courses at Swansea University in the UK.
Female students ordinarily resident in a developing country as listed (see below) who are admitted to pursue an undergraduate or a Taught Master’s postgraduate courses within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University are eligible to apply for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship.
The 2016 Eira Francis Davies Scholarship for female students is a full tuition fee scholarship, and will be awarded to students demonstrating academic excellence and evidence of financial need. It is also a condition of the award that students return to their home country and detail how completion of the programme will better the lives of those at home.
- For undergraduate courses, applicants are expected to achieve 3 A and/or B grades at A-Level or equivalent (excluding General Studies)and 5 A and/or B grades at GCSE level or equivalent. For Postgraduate Taught courses, applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelors degree (or equivalent).In the case of all applicants, their English language ability must meet any stipulated condition of offer and UKBA requirements.
- Candidates must be new, full-time, degree seeking, non-EU applicants
- Candidates must have completed an application to study and accepted the offer of a place at Swansea University with the College of Human and Health Sciences
- Candidates must show strong academic ability and financial need
- Candidates should not be eligible for other financial support from Swansea University e.g. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links or bursaries Please note that students progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship
Female candidates from these countries:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Gambia, The Guinea, Guinea-Bisau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Korea, Dem Rep., Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Niger , Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Samoa , São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic , Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tanzania, Togo, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Please read the full the Eira Davies Terms and Conditions before applying
- Download and complete the Eira Davies Application Form
For more business and career opportunities, check our opportunities section and subscribe to our weekly newsletters.