Deadline: March 1, 2019 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Graduates in the area of sustainability, chemistry, polymer chemistry, polymer science, polymer analytic, technical chemistry, mechanical and industrial engineering or applications with a particular focus on polyolefins, olefins or base chemicals. Your thesis should not be more than two years old and must be finalised by the end of February 2019 to be eligible for the award.
Borealis Student Innovation Award 2019
Borealis Student Innovation Award is an international competition for students aiming to recognise innovative thinking and pioneering solutions in the area of olefin, polyolefin or base chemicals research.
An international competition for students from all over the world
This year’s competition marks the tenth anniversary of the award. Following Borealis’ trailblazing mission of value creation through innovation, the award aims to recognise your innovative thinking and pioneering solutions.
The award recognises and rewards the three best thesis research papers (one for a bachelor’s degree graduate, one for a master’s degree graduate and one for a doctorate degree graduate).
The thesis work shall focus on one of the following research areas:
- Polyolefin catalysts
- Olefin and polyolefin processes
- Polyolefin polymer properties
- Enhanced olefin analysis and polyolefin characterisation methods
- Polyolefin applications
- Sustainability in or with polyolefins or base chemicals (i.e. circular economy, recycling, etc.)
- Discoveries in the polyolefin world that have practical relevance for society
- Base chemical processes (ammonia, nitric acid, fertilizer, urea, melamine, phenol)
The Borealis Student Innovation Award consists of:
- a certificate
- the award, a trip to Linz, Austria, in May 2019 to visit the Innovation Centre with a unique networking opportunity
- a monetary sum of EUR 5,000 for the doctorate degree graduate awardee
- EUR 2,000 for the master’s degree graduate awardee
- EUR 1,000 for the bachelor’s degree graduate awardee
- the winners will also have the opportunity to present and discuss their thesis work with members of the Borealis research team
Interested in applying for the Borealis Student Innovation Award 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.