Deadline: November 3, 2015 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Location: Universities in the UK
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
The program provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject at any UK university.
Host Institution(s): Any university in the UK
Field(s) of study: Any subject at any UK university, but you should check your country page for priority areas.
Number of Awards: Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
Target group: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Scholarship value and inclusions
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers tuition fees; a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to and from the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Some scholarships cover part of the cost of studying in the UK; for example, tuition fees only or allowances only. Please check the individual country pages for more details.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page starting 3 August 2015. The application deadline for the AY 2016/2017 is November 3, 2015.
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For additional information please check the official scholarship website.